Thread: What a day...

Talking What a day...

Well this is the best day of my collecting life so far. It started out with something that would've been posted in the basketball mail day, then went on to a basketball eBay wins post. But then... a baseball eBay wins post, and what a win! So I decided to post it here, I'm a lil' excited.

Mailday section: 05/06 Pristine uncirculated Ben Gordon jersey 057/100 - Price: $4 shipped. I was pretty happy about winning this, seems like a good deal.

BKB eBay wins section: 05/06 Pristine Shaq G/U shorts #/350 - Price: $3.51 shipped. I thought this was an OK purchase, nothing too great but I could've done worse.

After winning the Shaq I decided I have enough G/U's and need to broaden my horizons in the auto department, so I went auto shoppin'. I got outbid on the following items:
    2005 SP AUTHENTIC KEARY COLBERT AUTO PANTHERS SS-KC 05
    MIKE BIBBY Kings Arizona 01/02 FLEER GREATS RC AUTO
    MARCUS HAISLIP LOT OF 4 AUTO & GU JERSYE CARDS BUCKS
    jamaal magloire gu relec #4/25 topps finest

and it turned out to be great!

(If this is too long for you... deal with it! I hate short posts. Down with them! Back to the action...)

I decided to try my luck with baseball autos since I only have 2 and they both suck. I saw a card ending within an hour that seemed to be great, and it didn't have any bids. So... I put my max bid in and did some random things to distract me, I figured I'd lose it for sure, but I didn't!

What is this masterpiece that I won for only $15.30 (including overpriced insurance, but I wanna make sure this gets here.)?

Have a look for yourself

I know that may not be much to some of you guys, and maybe I even overpaid, but it will be the best thing I have by a long shot. All I know is I have about 70 cents left of my spendable money and no regrets about it.

PS:
    I also bought some bubble mailers for pretty good price. $7 shipped for 25 poly #000's, here's the link to the store if any of you guys are running low. Now all I need are some stamps and top loaders that can fit D/L/P and bat cards (Anyone know the PT on those?)!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Hey I think you did absolutely great!!!!!!!!

Call me different, but what impresses me is seeing the happiness of someone who gets a great deal like you did for next to nothing of an established player who has made his name and not some young player who is considered "hot" by the rest of the hobby....like I said, GREAT!!!!!!!! )

If you check out the baseball autos of players like him (past players), you can find some similar deals. I have seen a few of those same cards of Fergie Jenkins, Steve Carlton (I almost won that won) and other name guys go for around $12.

Good luck in your next ebay ventures and be sure to share whatcha with us!!!

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's