Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Seriously man, next time pick something from the NAACP, at least. The Nation of Islam is just as racist as any white supremacist group. I agree with all of the other guys on this one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Seriously man, next time pick something from the NAACP, at least. The Nation of Islam is just as racist as any white supremacist group. I agree with all of the other guys on this one.

I'm just trying to counter balance things over here. Some of our more conservative friends complain about the NAACP then turn around a quote that piece of right wing trash website theblaze. It seems that no one can post objective and unbiased links and everyone is only on here to push their own personal agenda.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm just trying to counter balance things over here. Some of our more conservative friends complain about the NAACP then turn around a quote that piece of right wing trash website theblaze. It seems that no one can post objective and unbiased links and everyone is only on here to push their own personal agenda.

That doesn't make it right. When you post things like this article, you cede the high ground.

Plus, the Nation assassinated Malcolm.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-12-2012 at 02:47 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

my race poll came from a respected journal and harvard, not the blaze or some crazy right wing site.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

my race poll came from a respected journal and harvard, not the blaze or some crazy right wing site.

Funny enough, they're equally valid.

Racism can't be measured.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Polls are some of lowest form of evidence. What I would look for in study is several things.

First, neuroscientists would have figure out how the brain looks with PET or scanning when people are having a "racist" thought. The hard part in this would determining the difference between negative emotional response versus racist thought. The technology is at least 20 years away if ever obtainable.

Second they would have to standardize the questions being asked, who is answering the questions, and who is asking the questions. This would make difference.

Lastly, cultural differences would have to assessed over a population to see if there is a trend.

There is a lot of work to do this becomes good science.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it is still hypothesis and opinions, when we are dealing with feelings, there is no true way to measure them.

but a recognized medical journal and harvard are way better than some crazy racist site, any day and is why i posted it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

it is still hypothesis and opinions, when we are dealing with feelings, there is no true way to measure them.

but a recognized medical journal and harvard are way better than some crazy racist site, any day and is why i posted it.

Fair reasoning. To elaborate on my position, there obviously is racism going in all directions, even self loathers. My point is the only racism that can really be measured is institutionalized racism. The deck is slowly becoming less stacked against blacks and more stacked against whites. It is institutionally acceptable to hate whites but not to hate any other group. That's where they this poll is somewhat accurate. At the same time, blacks and other minorities face more non institutionalized or day to day racism then whites. I firmly believe this and that's where the truth in veg's studies are. However, to try and put a number or percentage on racism as a whole is impossible.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i agree and a lot of it is going to depend upon your in-group.

if you hang with losers, good chance you are one. if you hang with racist, good chance you are one and good chance you will see racism.

my biggest issue is how this reflects us common folk. i am white but don't have a racist bone in my body, but it seems those in power are always bias, and that goes for all sides.

people are often labeled by what the people in power are saying and doing, but we have no control over it, even if they get voted out, the next person will often d the same.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

That doesn't make it right. When you post things like this article, you cede the high ground.

Plus, the Nation assassinated Malcolm.

That is one of the theories out there but I also think that the gov't was involved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast