Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad shipping practices

Bad shipping practices

What experiences have you guys had?

I had my first one today, even though I've bought a lot of cards off of ebay. Usually it's pretty standard taped up toploaders or at worst some cards in penny sleeves in a team bag.

Today though, I recieved two thick cards, all stuffed into a semi-rigid, which were nearly impossible to take out. They suffered damage being jammed in there, and I hope I didn't too much more pulling them out :-(.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    We must of gotten our cards from the same guy.I had to take a box cutter and cut along the edges to open the toploader and remove the card...

The worst I've had was from a guy in Canada. He was so dumb and looking to get a quick buck. I paid like $3 for shipping for a dual patch #ed to 25. He sent the card from Canada to Georgia in just a penny sleeve in an average envelope and it came with creases everywhere! I only paid like $10 for the card so I didn't want my money back cuz it was really rare so I just sent it back to Donruss and they replaced it for me

I've been fortunate enough to not receive a seriously damaged card yet but I've had a few sent to me with poor protection. A handful of times I've gotten just the card in an envalope. Not even a sleeve on them. Another I got a pretty expensive one in a bubble mailer with no other protection... just the card.

Another was a $80 or so card in a toploader without a sleeve. The toploader was too big as well so it moved around alot during shipping. It has a glossy face and it was scratched to hell but luckly the scratches only appear if you look at it at the right angle in the right light. Everything else was fine with it so I just kept it as it is the only one I've ever seen and I got a good deal on it.

Even the Steelers did a bad one. I sent 2 cards of Hines Ward in their own penny sleeves/toploaders and they came back signed but no protection. White envalope and cards. Luckly they didn't get damaged at all.

I've had one bad experience, and I still am waiting for the replacement from DLP...

I won an Angel Berroa Leaf LImited monikers auto /5... Anyways, it was card 1, I have 2, 3, 4, and 5... I was completing the print run for that moniker set.

Anyways, card came from somewhere on Key West, shipped in a top loader and penny, BUT he/she basically just cut up some old bubble mailers and formed them around the card, then taped up the mailer...

Everything looked fine, the scan of the card was ever perfect, BUT BUT BUT... The top loader was cracked in two spots and the card was creased in those two same spots... Upon further inspecting the so called bubble mailer I found the creases from shipping..

Anyways, sent off an email to mildly complain, he apologized... I sent in to DLP, and 7 months later... Still waiting for it...

I bought a Gary Carter game used card off of ebay once. The seller shipped it loose with no protection in a plain envelope. There is a big crease that goes across the back of the card right behind the game used piece. Luckily the front of the card is fine so it still displays great as long as you do not turn it around.

-Lewis
    Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Tom Brady
    ”Bruise Brothers”, “Grind Line”, “Russian 5”
    Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Mike Modano
    “Motor City Bad Boys”, “Fab 5”, Michael Jordan, Penny
    Mike Tyson, Brian Stann, CM Punk, Tiger Woods

if only people saw how brutal those mail sorting machines can be. you have to protect a card if you're sending in a white envelope, ive seen a lot of checks, bills, haven't seen cards fortunately, get destroyed and mangled into pieces by those kinds of machines.

I wonder why none of my bills ever get mangled? Mortgage bill is ALWAYS in good condition as is the water bill, car payment, tuition bills, Master Card, Visa bills, Sears bills, and every other bill you can imagine.

I have recently found out that no matter what you do to protect cards you are shipping, if the post office wants to, they can truly destroy anything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by chipper10
    The worst I've had was from a guy in Canada. He was so dumb and looking to get a quick buck. I paid like $3 for shipping for a dual patch #ed to 25. He sent the card from Canada to Georgia in just a penny sleeve in an average envelope and it came with creases everywhere! I only paid like $10 for the card so I didn't want my money back cuz it was really rare so I just sent it back to Donruss and they replaced it for me
    Donruss replaced your damaged card?!?!?!

Is this on special cards/recent cards? When would they do this for someone? Do other card manufacturers do this?

This doesn't seem like something they would do often. (I would be very impressed if they did).

RoosterX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast