Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 'Lincoln'

SCF Rewards
    Country

'Lincoln'

I had a chance to see the critically acclaimed "Lincoln" movie today and I HIGHLY recommended it to everyone on here.

I don't want to spoil anything from those of you that haven't seen it...

But one of the key points of the movie is about the 13th amendment, Lincoln faced very harsh opposition from the then racist democratic party, but he didn't waver from doing what was the right thing to do.

Today's politicians can learn a lot from this movie.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I had a chance to see the critically acclaimed "Lincoln" movie today and I HIGHLY recommended it to everyone on here.

I don't want to spoil anything from those of you that haven't seen it...

But one of the key points of the movie is about the 13th amendment, Lincoln faced very harsh opposition from the then racist democratic party, but he didn't waver from doing what was the right thing to do.

Today's politicians can learn a lot from this movie.

I will check it out. It's funny who the dems of back then are todays republicans and the only thing the current republicans can brag about is freeing the slaves more than 150 years ago. Hopefully if they keep nominating the garbage that they do that the republican party as we know it will go out of business.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I thought it was a good movie too. Though it begs the old question: Do the ends justify the means? We can look back through the scope of history and see that Lincoln did immoral things for the greater moral good over the long term. How does this apply to today? Is exceeding the scope of your power in order to do what you deem to be right tolerable? Or is that ability inherently dangerous?