Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

PSA cases hard to crack?

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with busting cards out of PSA holders.

BGS holders are simple now ..... but I have never attempted with a PSA holder.

Thinking about buying a PSA 9 card, but I dont want the 9 ... or the case ....

Thanks and LMK!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

5 lb. Sledge works a charm. Hit the top end farthest away from the card on your driveway.

or

Stick it in a vice. Make sure you are wearing safety glasses, as these shards are like shrapnel.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Vice-grips, then use a hack-saw and cut at the bottom of the holder - about a 1/4 inch. Take a utility knife and lightly score the area where you just cut. Then take a small flat-head screw driver and slowly push it into the corner of this cut area. Once you've penetrated the case, do the same thing with the other corner - you've now broken the seal. Take the screw driver, rotate it so that you are prying open the case and once the seals on the sides have popped, you can now easily and "safely" gain access to the card. If you use this method, the card never moves out of it's place, until you are ready to remove it.

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with busting cards out of PSA holders.

BGS holders are simple now ..... but I have never attempted with a PSA holder.

Thinking about buying a PSA 9 card, but I dont want the 9 ... or the case ....

Thanks and LMK!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(47)
    Country
    See dre2112's Items on eBay

just snip the corner off with a strong set of scissors and then pry it open with a flat head screw driver.

What's your technique for BGS slabs? I find them a lot harder to bust than PSA

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Band saw?
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Shotgun...?

Maybe not. I have been tempted to break open some PSA cards but I always fear I will damage the card inadvertently...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

^ lmaof! thanks for the laugh man.