Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I can't speak for all schools in the country, but we do lockdown drills (I am a high school teacher). In essence, in the event of a crisis the principal makes an announcement over the intercom...code red, blue, green, yellow or orange depending on the type of ememrgency (tornado, chemical spill, school safety, etc.). In this case, the call out would be a code red. All teachers immediately check outside of their room and grab any students that are closeby and bring them into the room, lock the doors (they are lockable from the inside), turn off the lights and instruct the students to remain quiet until the all-clear call is given.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had one simple question for those who want to make this about the need for more gun control/need to argue whether or not a certain type of gun is needed by citizens, etc.

If Adam Lanza had killed his mother in a manner other than shooting her, stolen her car and as the children played on the playground driven the car through the chain link fence and across the playground killing 26 people, would you advocate laws that make it harder to buy a car? Would you support laws that restrict how fast a car can go, how much it can weigh and how powerful it is in hopes that if it happened again the car wouldn't be able to crash through the fence?

Duane this is such a BAD case you know it! If this is your case against gun controls or bans then you have no argument!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Let me start by:
    Gun control is in control of the beholder not the Government. Some of you think from what I read gun control is the answer. You cant be more mistaken. Lets Take NY, Chicago, Washington DC. The City ordnance states NO GUNS! But yet it is like a war zone in these cities. The only ones that have them are Thugs and Drug Dealers. I have 3 girls and all 3 shoot really good for their age.
    Semi-auto or Auto or muzzle loader or revolver, it does not matter. Criminals will get their hands on them. So I teach my kids to respect guns and to use them. It is a Necessity these days and the days of our youth.
    As for the gun in question why have a gun like that. Have you ever heard of the Russian Hog? Yes they are here in the states and creating havoc here in the south. Just 3 counties away in September they had a hog hunt and killed over 1,500 hogs. A .22 wont even phase the hog it will just tick them off and not everyone owns a 50 cal or a .444 so you need something to take them down even if it is a bunch of bullets.
    As far as this story goes it is a sad thing and one mindless barbarian did this. So why punish the law abiding with everything, I see my freedom slipping away day by day.
    Lets say there were no such things as guns just hypothetical of course. He could have used a axe, machete, bow and arrow or even a tire iron. Just because a gun was used everyone one starts calling for control.
    Where I live we have the concealed handgun law. Yes you need a permit to carry one but for the ones who start crap they are going to have citizens taking them down before a cop gets to the site. Our crime rate has dropped ever since this law took place so don't tell me it doesn't work.

I lived in DC for many years and can vouch for this. Guns were not legal for the average citizen but the dope boys and other criminals had no problems obtaining them and rasing havoc on the city. For a while during the 1980s and 1990s Washington DC which was home to the POTUS and congress was know as the murder capital of the world. So tell me again how making firearms illegal will help and protect the average citizen from criminals?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Kurt, not sure where you are getting your stats from either - 5 times? As to your question, my self-worth and sense of manhood is not determined by the size of my gun.

Well, technically we have about 9,500 and you have about 200. But the US has 9 times as many citizens as Canada, so per capita you're looking at 9,500 gun murders to 1,800, about a 5x gap.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

IF, IF, IF... that's all well and good but that's not what happened.
    There is a vast difference between transportation and destruction.
    But, if you really want to equate cars to guns, think about all the steps you have to take to get behind the wheel:
    1) Learner's Permit
    2) Driver's Ed class
    3) Conditional Driver License
    4) Driver's License
    5) Register the car with the state
    6) Pay a tax on the car
    7) Have the car inspected regularly by a professional who is licensed by the state
    8) Have insurance

There are 8 things right off the top of my head, just to drive!
    Do you need to do all that stuff to pick up a few DRUMS of ammo at your local WAL-MART? Or a semi-automatic weapon?
    We restrict driving more than weapons in this country.

I have to show an ID to buy cough syrup. COUGH SYRUP is more regulated than some of these guns & ammo.
    I just want my PURPLE DRANK!!!!!

I totally agree with that and will give you some on it.

CHURCH!!

The problem I have with both liberals and conservatives is that just like religious scriptures they pick and chose the parts that they like and ignore the rest. I want all my constitutional rights including but not limited to freedom of speech, religion, the right to bear arms and the right to life liberty and the prusit of happiness. Instead of gun control just have some gun common sense such as liscencing, mental health screenings for prospective gun buyers as well as a better way to track weapons. Also we as a society do need to invest more into the mental health system as a whole. Listen if someone is hell bent on commiting a mass murder nothing short of their death will stop them. We also need to do a better job of enforcing the laws and give harsher punishments. I am all for bringing levitical law back. If you commit a hate crime, mass murder, school shooting etc and live through it you forfit your right to protection from cruel and unusual punishment. You wern't concerned with protecting the people you hurt from cruel and unusual punishment so why should we care about yours? I say let the public decide via social networking what would be the most imhumane way to take out the condemed. Brodcast the tourtue and execution live on tv and the web with the caption this could be you if you want try us. I would have loved to see OBL, Timothy McVeigh, the Norway shooter or any nut like that handled that way.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Well, technically we have about 9,500 and you have about 200. But the US has 9 times as many citizens as Canada, so per capita you're looking at 9,500 gun murders to 1,800, about a 5x gap.

I knew that was what you were trying to say but the way you phrased it made it open to interpretation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I haven't come close to getting through this entire thread, but I'm somewhere in the middle of the gun control debate. I personally have never felt that I have ever needed to get a gun outside of if I ever just wanted to hunt or shoot for fun. I think there can probably be some types of guns banned. I'm not really sure why anyone honestly needs an AR15 other than just because they can. Although I am aware that people who are into guns as a hobby probably enjoy shooting these types of guns. I know I would in a heart beat if I had the chance. However, I also know that the majority of these guns are owned by people who aren't looking to do any sort of rampages. I really have no idea what the answer is, but feel that it probably lies somewhere in the middle. The problem is, legislatively it's almost impossible to end up in the middle. Everyone thinks if it's not their way 100% then it's not good enough.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I haven't come close to getting through this entire thread, but I'm somewhere in the middle of the gun control debate. I personally have never felt that I have ever needed to get a gun outside of if I ever just wanted to hunt or shoot for fun. I think there can probably be some types of guns banned. I'm not really sure why anyone honestly needs an AR15 other than just because they can. Although I am aware that people who are into guns as a hobby probably enjoy shooting these types of guns. I know I would in a heart beat if I had the chance. However, I also know that the majority of these guns are owned by people who aren't looking to do any sort of rampages. I really have no idea what the answer is, but feel that it probably lies somewhere in the middle. The problem is, legislatively it's almost impossible to end up in the middle. Everyone thinks if it's not their way 100% then it's not good enough.

Church!!!!!
    Although I would argue that it's more people perceive giving a little as losing it all. That's why everyone has the "my way or screw off" attitude.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

IF, IF, IF... that's all well and good but that's not what happened.
    There is a vast difference between transportation and destruction.
    But, if you really want to equate cars to guns, think about all the steps you have to take to get behind the wheel:
    1) Learner's Permit
    2) Driver's Ed class
    3) Conditional Driver License
    4) Driver's License
    5) Register the car with the state
    6) Pay a tax on the car
    7) Have the car inspected regularly by a professional who is licensed by the state
    8) Have insurance

There are 8 things right off the top of my head, just to drive!
    Do you need to do all that stuff to pick up a few DRUMS of ammo at your local WAL-MART? Or a semi-automatic weapon?
    We restrict driving more than weapons in this country.

I have to show an ID to buy cough syrup. COUGH SYRUP is more regulated than some of these guns & ammo.
    I just want my PURPLE DRANK!!!!!

great post.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

you can't buy a semi automatic weapon at walmart, also they have banned several types of ammo.

as someone else stated, all you have to do to drive is,

steal purse
    use car keys
    have car to drive

pretty easy

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

you can't buy a semi automatic weapon at walmart, also they have banned several types of ammo.

as someone else stated, all you have to do to drive is,

steal purse
    use car keys
    have car to drive

pretty easy

But, by the logic I'm seeing here, we should abolish drivers licences because criminals will always get their hands on a car, so licencing drivers is punishing law abiding citizens.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast