Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So after the ban, these mass killings will stop, right?

Why shouldn't a licensed, trained citizen be allowed to own one?

Personally, I believe this all stems from the fact that Americans don't want to give up any of their rights.

Currently, we have the rights to buy assault weapons.....This is one right I would be more than happy to give up if it meant that the rifle that this individual used to kill 26 innocent lives could be banned altogether.

The argument that criminals are still going to get their hands on assault weapons is not one that should deter the banishment of these weapons.

BTW, last time I checked......the people who do these horrific massacres ARE NOT CRIMINALS!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

A ban won't stop anything unfortunately because they will be obtained illegally.These people have sick minds and plan these kind of things for soem time before they act.The criminal mind is sick and twisetd.But these are also sometimes intelligent people who plan and calculate these things.So a ban on weapons just means they take an extra step and get one illegally

SCF Rewards
    Country

A ban won't stop anything unfortunately because they will be obtained illegally.These people have sick minds and plan these kind of things for soem time before they act.The criminal mind is sick and twisetd.But these are also sometimes intelligent people who plan and calculate these things.So a ban on weapons just means they take an extra step and get one illegally

Hmm, much agreed!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Shocking how we talk about racism and sterotyping in other posts.And how the uniform is percieved.Training now a days is much more detailed believe it or not.Because now we live in a sick society with terrorist training in our schools and country and weapons of mass destruction on the streets in the wrong hands

Maybe the theory behind the training is outdated? Maybe there's too much focus on personal safety and not enough on public safety? I'm not claiming to know the exact issue, but something is wrong. Here, the RCMP have an attitude of being above the law. Every other day there another incident with an officer. If it's not a cop unnecessarily kicking a man while he's down, it's four of them lining up to tazer a foreigner to death or an off duty beating someone up on the side of the highway while drunk. I realize police are only human, but they chose a profession that is held to a higher standard. If they can't live up to that higher standard, they should face consequences. Too often they don't (did you know if you're a cop in BC, vehicular homicide is a $1500 fine?).
    And that leads into the stereotyping. I, as a citizen who doesn't personally know every cop, I can't trust one until I do know them. Is it stereotyping? Maybe, but I do expect cops I see to be good. Too often, though, my expectations have been destroyed both personally and through the media. The difference between not trusting a cop right away and not trusting, say, a black person right away is that the black person has no control over the colour of his skin, but a cop did have control over whether he wears the uniform or not. The black person being black does not mean s/he has any authority over me, but a uniform and badge do.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is sad and this tragedy just gets both sides in uproar.But the bottom line truth and you can believe it or not is there will never be gun control.It can be managed but there will never be control.Maybe we need stricter laws for buying but still your going ot get lawbreakers and their connections getting them too.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

A ban does nothing to stop these shootings. What it does stop is the "crime of passion" type shootings. Sure it's just as easy to grab a knife as a gun, but it takes a lot more to stab someone than shoot them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So after the ban, these mass killings will stop, right?

Why shouldn't a licensed, trained citizen be allowed to own one?

I don't know.....but that's not the point.

The point is that regular citizens should NOT be able to have military weapons capable of killing a lot of people in such an efficient and easy manner.

If Adam Lanza's mom did not have that rifle, more than likely the death count would not have been so high.

Why do you need a military weapon anyways?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just like doctors are held to higher standards and lawyers.Some professions are hel to a higher standard.Just asking is it only white cops that abuse authority? And i am not trying to start a fire it is a s imple question as I try to understand your view. I understand a black person or a foreiner cannot help being who they are.But is it only white cops who abuse their badge?You are correct when you say training is key.And law enforcement is trained better now in social awareness and people

Maybe the theory behind the training is outdated? Maybe there's too much focus on personal safety and not enough on public safety? I'm not claiming to know the exact issue, but something is wrong. Here, the RCMP have an attitude of being above the law. Every other day there another incident with an officer. If it's not a cop unnecessarily kicking a man while he's down, it's four of them lining up to tazer a foreigner to death or an off duty beating someone up on the side of the highway while drunk. I realize police are only human, but they chose a profession that is held to a higher standard. If they can't live up to that higher standard, they should face consequences. Too often they don't (did you know if you're a cop in BC, vehicular homicide is a $1500 fine?).
    And that leads into the stereotyping. I, as a citizen who doesn't personally know every cop, I can't trust one until I do know them. Is it stereotyping? Maybe, but I do expect cops I see to be good. Too often, though, my expectations have been destroyed both personally and through the media. The difference between not trusting a cop right away and not trusting, say, a black person right away is that the black person has no control over the colour of his skin, but a cop did have control over whether he wears the uniform or not. The black person being black does not mean s/he has any authority over me, but a uniform and badge do.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^These are the weapons used by Adam Lanza.

Gee....I wonder which weapon is more efficient?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I don't know.....but that's not the point.

The point is that regular citizens should NOT be able to have military weapons capable of killing a lot of people in such an efficient and easy manner.

If Adam Lanza's mom did not have that rifle, more than likely the death count would not have been so high.

Why do you need a military weapon anyways?

Wrong, he had hand guns that would have done the exact same thing.

If guns are the problem, do you think we should disarm the government and police?

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast