Thread: Question on a card

Question on a card

Sorry if this is the wrong place & before I get flamed over my stupidity please remember I've no experience with these & have only started.

What makes the top one worth nearly $50 & the bottom only $1.50.

http://www.beckett.com/item/7813676/

2000 Topps Finest Football #28 Troy Aikman BGS Gem Mint 9.5 Dallas COWBOYS BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Quantity: 1
    Dealer: 7th Inning Stretch: Sportscards, Comics & Gaming
    $49.95

2000 Topps Finest - Card # 28 Troy Aikman - Cowboys
    Quantity: 1
    Dealer: The End Zone
    $1.50

I only ask as I have the card.

Again sorry if it's the wrong place.

First of all the first one is graded. A BGS grade of 9.5 is VERY, VERY high! There's probably not too many out there! The other one is ungraded so it might be a little off center or something else that might not make it a perfect card.

henri hit it perfectly... a BGS 9.5 is like almost perfect condition. The other is probably in only good shape while the 9.5 is guarenteed to be near Gem.

flea- Im just going to take a wild guess that your banner is not the legal size and that you need to resize it...

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bl bassist
    flea- Im just going to take a wild guess that your banner is not the legal size and that you need to resize it...

-Mark
    sorry bout that can't re-size it, don't know how. The smallest I can get it is 121 x something still too big

It would obviously then worth my while to get it graded & a couple more could be the same as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them. Is it safe to post cards to get graded & is it easy(bear in mind I'm overseas)

Thanks for answering what too ya'll was probably a stupid question

I really doubt if it would be worth grading. That price you listed for the graded on, was that an asking price or did someone actually pay that amount. It seems pretty high to me.
    Second, it's not a very special card (like a RC or a very limited card) so why would you spend $10 to $30 (depending on shipping costs from / to Ireland) to get it graded with the risk it might not be graded a 9.5. but an 8 or 8.5 or 9.
    Also, if you decide to have it graded it would only go with Beckett Grading Services (BGS), maybe PSA or GAI but definitely not with anyone else.
    Just me 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by hendrikus1967
    I really doubt if it would be worth grading. That price you listed for the graded on, was that an asking price or did someone actually pay that amount. It seems pretty high to me.
    Second, it's not a very special card (like a RC or a very limited card) so why would you spend $10 to $30 (depending on shipping costs from / to Ireland) to get it graded with the risk it might not be graded a 9.5. but an 8 or 8.5 or 9.
    Also, if you decide to have it graded it would only go with Beckett Grading Services (BGS), maybe PSA or GAI but definitely not with anyone else.
    Just me 2 cents!

Thanks

Was an asking price on Becketts