Thread: Question for collectors

i3putt2much

Question for collectors

I have just inherited many football and baseball cards from my father. I do not want them. Where can one go to try to fair price for these cards???

I do not want to spend the money for grading. The cards include many valuable rookie cards, according to the price guides I have read. I also have many sealed sets from 1991 and earlier.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It really depends on what you have and how many cards you have.

Because if you have a large collection of cards and its too time consuming to sell them one by one you might want to sell them altogether. But you get less money when you sell them altogether though.

Your safest bet would be to look up some of your more valuable sets and rookie cards on www.ebay.com this will give you an idea of what the collection is worth and if it makes sense for you to sell them there.

You're better off selling at least some of the baseball during the baseball season and wait for the football season to sell those cards.

Go to a local sports store, and buy up Becketts price guides for the sports that you have.

That should give you a good idea about how much they're worth.

i would sell via ebay if you go to the card store you will get taken

And selling on ebay is any better? If he goes to a shop he'll probably be offered 20-35% of the cards value.
    If he sells on e-bay he'll probably get 10-20% of the cards value and have to pay to sell. Plus the hassle of mailing all the auctions to the winners.

Go to a shop and see what they say. Remember you can always say no. Try to sell in one lot since you dont want any of them.
    selling singles will take forever.

right it does become a hassle and then don't forget about the people that will tell you they didn't get the card, the majority of people on ebay are decent and honest people but it is that 1 or 2 that will try to burn you.

I would try to trade them as well for the cards you do want and usually you can get book for them and then you got cards you want.

you know what I mean