Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I'm at work and it's crazy busy, so I don't have time to do what the Squirrel is doing, but I can see THIS from his feedback. He seems to have a lot of customers buying comics AND hockey cards AND baseball cards all at the same time.

Also, when I sell on eBay, most of my stuff gets one or two bids right up until the last few minutes, when the snipers come out. His stuff seems to have multiple bids a couple days in. His stuff is better than mine?? my stuff smells???

You're right, not "proof"............ But sheesh

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bidder Information
    Bidder: l***e( 215)
    Item description: Item Title: 11/12 PANINI LIMITED STEFAN ELLIOTT PHENOMS RC ROOKIE LOGO PATCH AUTO /50
    Bids on this item: 1
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 262
    Items bid on: 240
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 62%
    Bid retractions: 0
    Bid retractions (6 months): 0

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Bidder Information
    Bidder: 4***4( 9137)
    Item description: 79/80 OPC O-PEE-CHEE WAYNE GRETZKY ROOKIE RC #18 KSA 6

30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 897
    Items bid on: 623
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 85%

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've bought from them several times before. They are a card store not too far from me. I didn't want to think they were shill bidding, but the evidence seems to suggest otherwise. I am still not completely sure, but I agree with others that in looks suspicious.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

I go past this seller's auctions quite a bit because I have fallen victim to his shills in the past. I won't go so far as to say it is necessarily malicious or occurring 100% of the time, though, because I think he does have several, honest repeat customers and numerous auctions have ended with 0 bids. The issue is that when something is listed at auction, 'friends' (or potentially local customers) are not supposed to bid on an item.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

I have bought from him also, picking up some oddball BAP autos mostly. Had one in queue to buy at close but maybe shouldn't bother. Checked the current bidding. In the past 30 days over 540 bids with same seller ? 90%, I would say if legit not only devoted with seller but LOYAL also, only 10% elsewhere ?

Bidding Details
    Bidder Information
    Bidder: 8***t( 1638)
    Item description: Item Title: 00/01 BAP SIGNATURE JAY PANDOLFO AUTOGRAPH AUTO #173
    Bids on this item: 1
    30-Day Summary
    Total bids: 582
    Items bid on: 540
    Bid activity (%) with this seller: 90%

SCF Rewards
    Country

If it looks like a duck and smells like a duck............................................it might just be a duck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd suggest sending that info to eBay and they can probably tell if it's actual shills or not. Pointless for us to speculate even if there is some fishy evidence, he might not have done anything wrong though.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The comicconnection has one of the largest Hockey Card inventories in the World. I do know that. In 1999-2000 he seemed like an honest seller on eBay, but I really haven't bought off them for well over 10 years now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'd suggest sending that info to eBay and they can probably tell if it's actual shills or not. Pointless for us to speculate even if there is some fishy evidence, he might not have done anything wrong though.

As much as Ebay doesn't want to punish a bad buyer, they are really not going to want to do anything to this guy. He makes a mint for them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast