Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 126 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2676116123124125126127128129136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wanted to get some feedback from everyone on here. I did what I said I wouldn't do and opened a PayPal claim against a seller on eBay earlier than I normally would. (BTW this is the first time I have ever done this) Here's the sitch...Purchased a card March 15 and paid same day. It is now April 4 and it has not arrived. I am in Ottawa and it is coming from Toronto. The seller never marked the item as shipped and did not respond to an inquiry I sent him 48 hours ago. He already has 1 neg in the last 6 months for realizing he "forgot" to send an item only after an earlier claim was filed. So, long story short (too late), am I off-base here for filing the claim this early or not?

You handled that situation well. Gave them plenty of time, and tried to make contact. Better to file now and protect yourself.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Second chance offers..... how do they work??

My understanding is there is two reasons why someone can send you a second chance offer:

1. They have multiples copies of something. High bidder gets theirs for their price, but seller could offer to the second highest bidder at their max too.... becuase they've got an extra.

2. Winner did not pay / bids canceled / something happened to make deal fall apart. Offer to sell it to the runner up.

Both of these can be very legit. Here's what I'm wondering:

- Do you have to provide eBay with a reason for doing the 2nd Chance?? (I don't remember).
    - How is the cost, for option #2, decided... here's my example:

Opening price is $10. Bidder #1 bids $15 (is winning for $10). Bidder #2 comes along and bids $15.50, wins the auction. Bidder #2 then refuses to pay, effectivly canceling the bid. Does bidder #1 get a second chance offer for $15 (their max) or for $10 (what they would win, without bidder #2)

While writing this, I may have answered my own question. Instead of bidding $15.50... if bidder #2 bids $14.99, (#1 still wins with $15) and then #2 bids $20.... later refusing to pay, would that cancel all their bids, or just the single (winning) bid ???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

The person accepting the 2nd chance offer pays the highest amount they bid. It doesn't matter what happens with the highest bidder. If they cancel the deal or just don't pay, who ever you offer a second chance to pays their highest bid.
    It doesn't always have to be the 2nd highest bidder, you can offer a second chance to any bidders you want.
    You don't have to tell ebay why you are offering a second chance. If the person accepts it it is like any other "buy it now" transaction. If they decline than nothing changes really.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

In my 13 years of selling I have never had anyone accept a second chance offer. Thought I'd add that in for poops and giggles.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have offered 2nd chance three times in 14 years on eBay, accepted twice. All three were on items under $10.00.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I have accepted Second Chance Offers. Not for hockey cards, but for silver. Both of those items were the sweetest purchases ever!

I have never offered a Second Chance... is it possible to offer a Second Chance because you have multiples and the winning bidder actually did pay? I didn't think so... That's like creating 2 listings out of one. eBay needs their insertion fee! I don't know but I have never tried.

If youre the 2nd highest bidder, the offer goes to you for the price you bid, which is 1 increment at that price level away from the highest bid :)
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks or clearing that up guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay, so I want some advice about a situation on feeBay. I bid on a team for a Dominion box break, I didn't hit anything but thats not the point of this. I watched the video and the box breaker actually drops the box hit on the table, lands on the corner. It was a Cam Neely Auto/patch /99 inwhich he called him 'Neebly or something'. He doesn't even know who Cam Neely is? C'mon, he was Seabass in Dumb and Dumber! :P

So I thought that was very unprofessional, he also seemed very shaky and couldn't read properly or pronounce players' names even if it was as simple as Neely. So I checked his other 4 videos. 2 videos are the same break, but was interrupted by a failed video feed! So, in 4 breaks... the guy drops a card 3 TIMES! Sure, it's not a long distance, but still! I have broken let's say... 100 boxes. Might have dropped a card once.

Not only that... but he doesn't post the serial number in the listing so showing it in the video really doesn't mean anything.

My dilemma is, I feel like I should give him some sort of feedback just so other potential buyers are aware of what they're getting into. He has 70 feedback and received 1 negative because of the failed video feed. I would think he would get more because he drops the friggin' cards!

What is your take on a situation like this? I have never seen someone drop a card in a box break before. This guy does it in 75% of current breaks.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Aren't those illegal and against eBay rules anyways? You might as well be buying "hot packs" from people.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, technically. Seeing as how we buyers are eBay's customers and not the seller's customers they tend to turn a blind eye.

A small update on the situation, I sent a message to the seller politely suggesting he may want to stop doing box breaks or at least act a little more professional and stop dropping cards and losing video feed.

He sent me a rude response, "Winners get their cards and those are the ones that matter."

Page 126 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2676116123124125126127128129136176226 ... LastLast