Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 177 of 282 FirstFirst ... 77127167174175176177178179180187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

how do you figure that? light packet, about 3$ to US. Light packet 7$ to Canada

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It all depends on what you are sending. If its something that is small and you don't want to bother with tracking, a PWE is only like $1.20 from the US to CAN. A padded envelope to CAN is $7+. If its expensive and you want tracking, it is insane! And the fault isn't the USPS, its actually Canada Post. I just sent a padded envelope from Toronto to Ottawa with tracking, and the CHEAPEST I was able to get was over $10! If we want to add delivery conformation to something in the US, it only like 80 cents extra.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Canada Post has nothing to do with the cost of sending a package from the US to Canada. Without tracking, Canada Post is either equal or cheaper than USPS. If you want to add tracking, way different story. It's nuts!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

all the items i listed shipping pricing on were single cards.
    nothing fancy like booklets, thick patch cards, just regular cards.

and these are all ebay priced shipments.
    i asked a seller from the states why he wanted $16.37 for shipping a rookie card and he informed me..
    "i dont make up shipping rates - i use ebays global shipping system".
    not sure what that means but i do know it has nothing to do with the postal worker in China making peanuts.
    again please dont take offense at this it has nothing to do with what members here on SCF charge. it was all ebay pricing. it just seems like UPS (or whatever the carrier used by ebay is) is making a nice profit
    funny but it seems like its cheaper to send the card to a friend in Russia and have him forward it to Canada.. might even get here quicker lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I can send packages from Ontario to Georgia for cheaper than I could from Ontario to Alberta. You have to remember Canada is a big friggin' country. It's all about the mileage between the two destinations. It is cheaper for me to send to Europe than it is for USA to send to Canada. Which is ridiculous in my eyes.

Icefields, you are referring to the Global Shipping Program which is offered to USA when sending their packages. The packages are now being sent by another company (not USPS or UPS or FedEx or any of that) called Pitney Bowes. Soon as you print the shipping label the package can not be hit with Customs when crossing the border and the package will have tracking and insurance.

This has been an ongoing discussion here, about the Global Shipping Program or 'GSP'. Having to pay $16 extra for a $5 card is ridiculous and has hurt US sellers.

COMC.com is now offering their services of having your cards sent to them and when you have enough cards at COMC.com then you can request delivery and when it's all said and done it will be a lot cheaper. Like buying in bulk compared to buying singles.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Canada Post has nothing to do with the cost of sending a package from the US to Canada.

You don't think Canada Post charges the USPS to deliver their packages for them? Think they do it for free? I can send a padded envelope to Hawaii for a couple bucks, but from NY to Toronto, its $7+.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I don't think they do it for free, no. But I do know that it really only seems to be the US that has to pay these high prices to ship here.I received a bubble mailer from Europe, and the postage was about the equivalent to $2 or $3. It would be counter productive for Canada Post to solely gouge the US.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

That is because after all these years Canada is now an International country to USA. (cash grab!)

No, Canada Post does not charge USPS for delivering their mail. If something lands in a Toronto suburb from United States and it is destined for Northern Ontario they don't charge the sender more money. The truck is going that way anyways regardless of if your package is on the truck or not.

If Canada Post or United States Postal Service has a problem with losing money internally by shipping thats when they raise the prices. A package doesn't go from Toronto to Iqualiet and then we say 'hey! you owe me another $400. Nothing goes to Iqualet!'

United States is in trouble financially, no secret. Why push the blame somewhere else? COMC.com will help you. stop blaming Canadians. We're getting tired of it. You know what happened last war :P Actually you probably don't since that's not in the almighty's history book.

USA 1 Everyother-Place-If-They-Exist-Like-History-Books-Suggest 0

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

You don't think Canada Post charges the USPS to deliver their packages for them? Think they do it for free? I can send a padded envelope to Hawaii for a couple bucks, but from NY to Toronto, its $7+.

While I don't agree with some of the other statements made on this topic (that were slightly off topic made above) I'd have to agree that you need not look any farther than your own country for the rates. It hasn't got anything to do with canada post.

It should also be noted that the shipping prices that those auctions the original poster quoted may not be the actual shipping rates from those countries although many of them probably are. I list a number of my auctions (as rarely as I sell on eBay) and have free shipping, which obviously isn't free for me....
    Last edited by hang time; 11-22-2014 at 12:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I always get a chuckle how whenever there is a USA vs. Canada argument, we Canadia(e)ns love to bring up the war of 1812. It really makes no sense, but amusing nonetheless.

Page 177 of 282 FirstFirst ... 77127167174175176177178179180187227277 ... LastLast