Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 191 of 282 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

When does this start? I haven't seen the email yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Don't forget that you receive free listing on both ebay.ca and ebay.com. At least I do and I know someone here mentioned it before.

I do have a store but I usually use ebay.ca for 150 auctions and ebay.com for 150 BIN listings.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

It's not all bad tho. You get your your insertion fee back if your item sells on the auction style. You just pay the percentage fee. Also the ten day auction is now free which is cool, and the fee dropped to .25. So use your free listing on cards that don't have a high percentage of selling, or the ones with a higher auction starter price, and use the ones with a fee for items you know will sell and this could actually benefit us smaller sellers.

eBay is going to make it even tougher to be a small time seller.......

Got an email from them today, titled: eBay Community Member, Find out how the 2015 Spring Seller Update affects you‏

Well, the biggest effect?

• For sellers without an eBay Stores subscription, it’s still free to list.

• Sellers without a subscription will receive 20 free listings* per month, which can be used to create auction-style or fixed price listings.
      • For listings in the Collectibles categories, sellers will receive an additional 20 free auction-style listings* per month.
      • Sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells†.
        • Media category items listed in the fixed price format will now have the same insertion fee as other category listings.

Which means a 60% reduction in the amount of listings I'll get, per month.

The last few months, they've had various promos on for free new listings. I've taken advantage of them, and listed all of my "new" stuff mid month, using the standard 100 free ones to relist unsold items.

For the last year (or so) what I've always tried to do, is keep the number of unsold items in my selling area to 75 or less. That would give me room to re-list everything at the start of the month, and still a bit of room to list new stuff as the month went on. If the end of the month hit and I still had free listings remaining, I'd re-list as many as I could without going over.

They are dropping the listing fees from 30 cents to 25 cents (that's a good thing) and same for BIN. Auctions that sell, you'll be credited with the fee too.... so they become free listings, so long as they sell. This MIGHT make things work okay, but it's hard to say for sure if your listing will actually be sold.

Really not happy about this. 40 free, instead of 100, it's a HUGE drop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fee updates encourage use of listing formats and durations for greater selling success

To improve the visibility of sought-after merchandise—and help sellers increase their sales—eBay is introducing a number of updates to eBay’s listing fees and features on May 1. Changes include:

Unlimited insertion fee credits for listings that sell in auction. As an incentive for using the auction-style format successfully, sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells†.
    Adjustments to monthly allotments of free listings. eBay will update the monthly allotments of free listings*—zero insertion fees—for both eBay Stores subscribers and sellers without an eBay Store .
    The 10-day duration on auction-style listings will no longer have an added feature fee. Sellers can maximize visibility and enjoy our longest auction-style duration.
    A $1 special duration feature fee per listing for sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listings. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful
    Fixed price listings in media categories will no longer have a different insertion fee.
    Reserve price will increase. This feature fee will increase in price to the greater of $3, or 2% of the reserve price (the minimum price that must be met for your item to sell), with a cap of $100.
    See all updates to fees and features.

Achieve Greater Selling Success

Based on these changes, you could have the opportunity to achieve greater selling success by taking the following actions prior to May 1:

Consider using fixed price listing formats more often, especially for items that have a clear market value or when you know the price you want for your item. Use auction-style listings for premium items— when the value may fluctuate, when price is unknown, or when there is intense buyer demand for a limited item.
    Modify your listings—the price, title, and photos—to increase the likelihood of a sale. Search sold listings on eBay to find recent market values.
    Choose longer durations, as the longer a listing appears on the site, the more opportunities it has to be found by buyers: 7- or 10-day for auction–style—now with no feature fee—and Good ’Til Cancelled for fixed price listings. Use 1- or 3-day auction durations for time-sensitive items only, such as event tickets.
    Increase visibility for your items with product

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fee updates encourage use of listing formats and durations for greater selling success

To improve the visibility of sought-after merchandise—and help sellers increase their sales—eBay is introducing a number of updates to eBay’s listing fees and features on May 1. Changes include:

Unlimited insertion fee credits for listings that sell in auction. As an incentive for using the auction-style format successfully, sellers will be credited for the insertion fee on auction-style listings when that item sells†.
    Adjustments to monthly allotments of free listings. eBay will update the monthly allotments of free listings*—zero insertion fees—for both eBay Stores subscribers and sellers without an eBay Store .
    The 10-day duration on auction-style listings will no longer have an added feature fee. Sellers can maximize visibility and enjoy our longest auction-style duration.
    A $1 special duration feature fee per listing for sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listings. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful
    Fixed price listings in media categories will no longer have a different insertion fee.
    Reserve price will increase. This feature fee will increase in price to the greater of $3, or 2% of the reserve price (the minimum price that must be met for your item to sell), with a cap of $100.
    See all updates to fees and features.

Achieve Greater Selling Success

Based on these changes, you could have the opportunity to achieve greater selling success by taking the following actions prior to May 1:

Consider using fixed price listing formats more often, especially for items that have a clear market value or when you know the price you want for your item. Use auction-style listings for premium items— when the value may fluctuate, when price is unknown, or when there is intense buyer demand for a limited item.
    Modify your listings—the price, title, and photos—to increase the likelihood of a sale. Search sold listings on eBay to find recent market values.
    Choose longer durations, as the longer a listing appears on the site, the more opportunities it has to be found by buyers: 7- or 10-day for auction–style—now with no feature fee—and Good ’Til Cancelled for fixed price listings. Use 1- or 3-day auction durations for time-sensitive items only, such as event tickets.
    Increase visibility for your items with product

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

NON PAYING EBAY MEMBER - ID thehobbyinsider
    Won't pay, won't respond to any of my three messages. Block if you feel inclined and dont want to deal with the headaches

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Need a little advice on whether or not I should give up on this and request a refund. Won an auction March 7, paid right away. A week goes by and I notice he hasn't marked the item as shipped. I sent a message, just asking if the item had been sent out yet and just not marked. Seller tells me he had been really busy and didn't get to the post office, but would be sent out that day. Another week goes by and still nothing. I send another message asking if he mailed the item when he said he did and this time I'm told he was both on holiday and his "secretary" handles his mail and it might be on her desk and will have to check with her. This card is in the same city as me, so shipping time would only be 2-3 business days. The guy has experience with selling, but is not a very busy seller, so it's not like it "got lost in the shuffle" I'm a little concerned that it has been over two weeks and he's not even sure if it has been mailed yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

If its something you really want, wait it out a bit longer, once its close to the end date of when you can possibly claim then snap it in. If you do receive, and its way late like you say, reflect it in his feedback

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

If its something you really want, wait it out a bit longer, once its close to the end date of when you can possibly claim then snap it in. If you do receive, and its way late like you say, reflect it in his feedback

It is something I really want. And, the fact he is responding to my messages makes me lean more towards him being a little disorganized rather than trying to pull a fast one. I did end up messaging him back though and politely said if he is unable to give a status update soon I would have to request a refund.

Page 191 of 282 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201241 ... LastLast