Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 220 of 282 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222223230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See madigan_sportscards's Items on eBay

I don't think you are at wrong at all to ask for documentation. Seems like he is just scamming you.

With that being said I think you went wrong by guaranteeing a certain grade and that just opens up doors for scammers

That's the way I feel and yeah I'm not offering anymore gaurentees lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

I've had some dealings with stepkuch in the last couple weeks as well. He was a 0 feedback bidder on a very high priced McDavid card I had going /5 from Black Diamond. I originally cancelled all his bids as I thought he was a scammer, but then he emailed me to say he was legit etc etc so I let him bid on the item. The card ran up to just under $2000 USD and he claimed that the card got shilled in the last hour, and even though he was the winning bidder, refused to pay the winning bid. Stating that he would only pay his original max bid amount of $1001.99 that he felt people saw after I cancelled the bid...and that he was being gamed? There were two other bidders that were bidding on the card as well one with a max of 17xx.xx and another at 19xx.xx. Luckily after explaining to them what happened, one of them still wanted the card, but this guy is a real character....

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've had some dealings with stepkuch in the last couple weeks as well. He was a 0 feedback bidder on a very high priced McDavid card I had going /5 from Black Diamond. I originally cancelled all his bids as I thought he was a scammer, but then he emailed me to say he was legit etc etc so I let him bid on the item. The card ran up to just under $2000 USD and he claimed that the card got shilled in the last hour, and even though he was the winning bidder, refused to pay the winning bid. Stating that he would only pay his original max bid amount of $1001.99 that he felt people saw after I cancelled the bid...and that he was being gamed? There were two other bidders that were bidding on the card as well one with a max of 17xx.xx and another at 19xx.xx. Luckily after explaining to them what happened, one of them still wanted the card, but this guy is a real character....

It sounds like he has a real lack of it.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't refund a dime until you get the card back in your hands.

Also, if it's a CM Young Gun... can he prove that he hasn't bought multiple and that it's yours that graded an 8? lol... he's on loose footings.

Edit: Sorry that was a reply to conmaddd

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whoops.. sorry my mistake, my buyer was stevkucha0

I think it's the same guy, as he claimed he had multiple eBay accounts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah the guy is a real character and the only thing I might have that I can prove which one is mine with just in case he has bought others is the UD code one the back in the bottom, thanks for the help too everyone, I've never had to deal with anyone like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Something else too to add to my case, how does someone get a card graded within 5 days of getting it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sounds like he already had a graded (8) McDavid and saw your listing as an opportunity to make a quick upgrade. If he provides documentation is there any way you can determine when the grading was done. Perhaps that would show the card was graded before he bought yours.

It has been my experience that people who threaten lawsuits are bullying gasbags who rarely follow through on their threats. they hope to scare you into agreeing to a settlement. It is totally reasonable for you to ask for documentation or evidence to substantiate his claim that the card graded lower. Any business would ask to see the receipt / product before issuing a refund. The charging party has the burden of proof and if he doesn;t show anything he has not met his burden.

That said, I would be very careful with "guaranteed to grade for..." statements in the future.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

If its a beckett card you can use the graded lookup tool on their website. Tells you when the card was graded.

Sounds like he already had a graded (8) McDavid and saw your listing as an opportunity to make a quick upgrade. If he provides documentation is there any way you can determine when the grading was done. Perhaps that would show the card was graded before he bought yours.

It has been my experience that people who threaten lawsuits are bullying gasbags who rarely follow through on their threats. they hope to scare you into agreeing to a settlement. It is totally reasonable for you to ask for documentation or evidence to substantiate his claim that the card graded lower. Any business would ask to see the receipt / product before issuing a refund. The charging party has the burden of proof and if he doesn;t show anything he has not met his burden.

That said, I would be very careful with "guaranteed to grade for..." statements in the future.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

Something else too to add to my case, how does someone get a card graded within 5 days of getting it?

It can be done it just costs more. There is a guy who lives in Dallas and walks into Beckett and gets cards graded on the spot. He pays a premium for it but he was one of the first guys to have a hard slabbed McDavid on eBay. In regards to tracking a card. If it is slabbed in the hard case, it will tell you when the card was graded by simply putting in the Beckett number on their website. Quick and easy way to see if he is telling the truth.

Page 220 of 282 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222223230270 ... LastLast