Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 272 of 282 FirstFirst ... 172222262269270271272273274275 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country

So, predictably, I am being slammed by US buyers at the moment due to the Covid shipping delays, mixed with a little a bit of what I would call the usual opportunism. I have never had so many cases opened at once. Most with zero communication, just BOOM, open case. A lot of Americans thankfully reach out and are polite and patient.
    Leads me to these questions....how many times does ebay let someone open a "not received" case? There has to be a cap or an eye for questionable activity, right?
    Is there ANY way to ship a sports card with tracking that doesn't cost an arm and a leg via Canada Post? Any feedback would be much appreciated, folks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

There is no way to send a card with tracking for a reasonable price. I think it's $12 or $13. Just not worth it for low end. We all just take our chances. I have about 600 purchase transactions, and have had 2 instances of a card not showing up. I have about 200 selling transactions, no problem at all.

As for how many times a buyer can claim not received...nobody really knows. I have heard of buyers losing their "money back guarantee" privileges for being reported too many times. Nobody can tell you what the criteria or threshold would be, however.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I feel for you on this and I wish I had some answers but I don't. I do know there are other sellers in your shoes right now so hopefully eBay takes this into consideration and looks at expanding the time it takes to open cases.

Good luck.

So, predictably, I am being slammed by US buyers at the moment due to the Covid shipping delays, mixed with a little a bit of what I would call the usual opportunism. I have never had so many cases opened at once. Most with zero communication, just BOOM, open case. A lot of Americans thankfully reach out and are polite and patient.
    Leads me to these questions....how many times does ebay let someone open a "not received" case? There has to be a cap or an eye for questionable activity, right?
    Is there ANY way to ship a sports card with tracking that doesn't cost an arm and a leg via Canada Post? Any feedback would be much appreciated, folks.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

The problem is, if you don't have any tracking that proves delivery, you will lose every time. Ebay won't look any further than that.

I am perfectly aware of that, it's an automatic process so no tracking, no proof of sending.

However, it's a special case here as he is a repeat offender (have you seen what I posted on him?) and seriously, I would have already found a way if it wasn't for this covid situation. Just impossible to reach anybody at Ebay. No phone support, no answer to mails...

There is no way to send a card with tracking for a reasonable price. I think it's $12 or $13. Just not worth it for low end. We all just take our chances. I have about 600 purchase transactions, and have had 2 instances of a card not showing up. I have about 200 selling transactions, no problem at all.

As for how many times a buyer can claim not received...nobody really knows. I have heard of buyers losing their "money back guarantee" privileges for being reported too many times. Nobody can tell you what the criteria or threshold would be, however.

Imagine if the cheapest shipping option available would be like 12$ (C or US), that would kill a HUGE part of the cards business, most of the trading too, and not only for sports cards but a lot of online trading

It just doesn't make sense to pay 12$ for an item you buy 5$ or 10$

Heck, personally I don't like paying for shipping so everytime I buy, I make sure I buy as many cards as possible to offset the shipping charges, sometimes up to 1000$ lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Ebay MAY make an exception because of the buyer's history, but it's unlikely. They are notorious for siding with buyers nearly 100% of the time. I would still report the buyer. And no, tracking is nearly never worth it I only use it if I sell something over $100. And that only protects you against "not received" cases.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

Ebay MAY make an exception because of the buyer's history, but it's unlikely. They are notorious for siding with buyers nearly 100% of the time. I would still report the buyer. And no, tracking is nearly never worth it I only use it if I sell something over $100. And that only protects you against "not received" cases.

Yeah my threshold is also 100$

I understand if they side with buyers most of the time and it's perfectly ok : give them the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that post carriers screw up or a package/enveloppe get stolen. I refund people that don't look sketchy without worrying too much about it.

However in that case, it's a repeat offender that needs to be stopped. I mean, people are calling him out as a scammer in his POSITIVE feedback. lol!

If you haven't seen, check back at the beginning of this discussion

I promise you that if Ebay was reachable I would have done something about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I'm surprised he hasn't complained to ebay. Leaving negative comments in positive feedback for buyers is against eBay rules. Anyway...it's worth reporting him and try reaching out to eBay by email or social media. They're apparently reachable that way. You probably won't win, but it certainly won't hurt.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah my threshold is also 100$

I understand if they side with buyers most of the time and it's perfectly ok : give them the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that post carriers screw up or a package/enveloppe get stolen. I refund people that don't look sketchy without worrying too much about it.

However in that case, it's a repeat offender that needs to be stopped. I mean, people are calling him out as a scammer in his POSITIVE feedback. lol!

If you haven't seen, check back at the beginning of this discussion

I promise you that if Ebay was reachable I would have done something about it.

They are leaving negative comments in his positive feedback because you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(78)
    Country
    See Bramursgrl2004's Items on eBay

Beware of jetscollector

this guy won a card and received it and claimed it was bent when he received it, not creased but bent. So I told him to return it and I would refund when I received it back. He then tells me he wants to keep the card and a refund and I said no, then he emails mails me he wants and partial refund and also to keep the card, once again I say no and inform him he can raise a paypal case. Today he left a negitive, just a heads up to watch out for this guy.

This was the auction #233536025902

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

I'm surprised he hasn't complained to ebay. Leaving negative comments in positive feedback for buyers is against eBay rules. Anyway...it's worth reporting him and try reaching out to eBay by email or social media. They're apparently reachable that way. You probably won't win, but it certainly won't hurt.

He can complain all he wants. All he can achieve is attract some attention on him. He's lucky to go under the Covid radar right now. And lol if he actually complains, he has been downright STEALING. It's like a guy entering a hobby shop, taking a few cards and leave without paying. People don't see it that way because it's virtual, but it's exactly the same thing. I hate thiefs, so weak that they need to steal from others because they can't go by in life on their own. I mean, I was financially independent as a teenager at 16 years old, never had to steal. So if you need to steal as an adult, you're a freaking loser.

Anyway, sorry for the rant lol, I have tried to reach them on Facebook, I also used "report a buyer" on Ebay but no answer. The case was opened, filled some comments, still nothing. Someone first answered on Facebook, and then disappearance, even if I tried to get it going.

Don't worry, it's not that I don't know what to do, it's about what I can't do right now and it has been talking to somebody at Ebay.

They are leaving negative comments in his positive feedback because you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer....

Did you mean to quote subban7677?

It's pretty telling, I never had a negative comment in my buyer's feedback and heck only had 1 negative feedback for a Porsche part where the guy was confused. Another one was left by mistake and even though I asked the person to change it, he never did

So the guy has several negative feedbacks as a seller and plenty negative comments in his positive buyer feedback lol

Page 272 of 282 FirstFirst ... 172222262269270271272273274275 ... LastLast