Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 46 of 282 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's definitely grounds for a negative. If I was in the seller's shoes, I'd refund you the cost plus shipping knowing that I did a lousy job of shipping. With his attitude, though, you've got very little recourse other than to give him a negative.

He has given you the options, and to me he has threatened you with the "rude comment" remark. I would neg him, others need to know what kind of seller they're dealing with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for all the comments guys. I will leave her a negative later today. If anyone wants her (I think) ID to watch from buying just drop me a PM or see the link I posted. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I'd let them know why you are giving a negative and give them one last chance for the full refund (plus costs of return shipping) OR a full refund and let you keep the card. This isn't a case where the card isn't what you thought it would be; it is a case of a card being damaged due to bad shipping practices. Either way, I think this is warranted given the low value of card amount going on here. If the seller doesnt want to bend, then a negative might be appropriate. Even if they do give a full a refund, I'd still include a comment about the PWE shipping, but now that I know it only cost $1.34 to ship within Canada (and you were charged $4) a neutral may be most appropriate depending on the outcome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

You are not allowed to tell them to give you a refund or you will leave negative. They can get it removed. Just leave the neg. They have had their chance to do the right thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

On another note, I think I'm about to receive my first negative ever (IIRC) as a seller on eBay, over a $1 card. Got this message from a buyer today:

"Dear gallinator,

Hi Paul. Rec'd my purch & am very sorry to say, it's unacceptable! The card contains two cut/scratches on front 1 on left hip & 1 one left ankel on front of card which was not addressed in ur auction. When I remitted my monies for this purch, I specifically req'd That U Pls Make Sure Subj Purch Was Free of Defects/Damage/Flaws Prior to Shpg. Pls refund to my PP $3.00 USING THE REFUND FORMAT, unless u might have a suitable replacement? PLMK as to how u wish to correct this problem? Thanking u in advance.

Bill

- wjdurbin1"

I knew this guy was trouble from the note he included with payment and should have heeded my instincts to just refund his money...however, the card was absolutely beautiful and flawless and I figured surely would meet his exacting specifications - nope!

So, after checking this guy's feedback left for others, it appears he does this a LOT - and I'll bet most sellers just give him the $$ back and let him keep the card. Check out his toolhaus.org record (one of the worst I've ever seen!)

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...eft+by&Many=ON

Question: Does anyone know if eBay will do anything about this guy if I file some sort of complaint? Or should I wait for the inevitable neg and try to get it erased after the fact? Any insight would be appreciated.

Paul

P.S.: These cards were all pack fresh and shipped in a penny sleeve, top loader, team bags, decoys on either side taped with painter's tape and another decoy across for rigidity - no way did it get damaged during shipping!

Update: I went ahead and reported him using the "Report a Buyer" link - as I haven't sold much on eBay recently, I did not know that was there!
    Last edited by Gallinator; 05-16-2013 at 05:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Thanks for all the comments guys. I will leave her a negative later today. If anyone wants her (I think) ID to watch from buying just drop me a PM or see the link I posted. Thanks!

Still no negative on her feedback? If you need another second opinion, YES, I'm like others and I don't hand out negatives very easily, in fact when I think about it I don't think I've ever left a negative. In this case it is deserved!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Looks like you have a buyer who clearly is making a career out of ruining seller's feedback and extorting the system to obtain cards for free. I'm sorry to see you in this situation, thanks for sharing and saving me the BS, I've blocked him. Clearly with this buyer the negative is borderline inevitable but from his Feedback Left for Others there could be a chance for you to save your feedback score. As difficult as this would be, send a very sincere apology, admit the "mistake", make sure to empathize as well. Immediately refund the payment and cross your fingers.

On another note, I think I'm about to receive my first negative ever (IIRC) as a seller on eBay, over a $1 card. Got this message from a buyer today:

"Dear gallinator,

Hi Paul. Rec'd my purch & am very sorry to say, it's unacceptable! The card contains two cut/scratches on front 1 on left hip & 1 one left ankel on front of card which was not addressed in ur auction. When I remitted my monies for this purch, I specifically req'd That U Pls Make Sure Subj Purch Was Free of Defects/Damage/Flaws Prior to Shpg. Pls refund to my PP $3.00 USING THE REFUND FORMAT, unless u might have a suitable replacement? PLMK as to how u wish to correct this problem? Thanking u in advance.

Bill

- wjdurbin1"

I knew this guy was trouble from the note he included with payment and should have heeded my instincts to just refund his money...however, the card was absolutely beautiful and flawless and I figured surely would meet his exacting specifications - nope!

So, after checking this guy's feedback left for others, it appears he does this a LOT - and I'll bet most sellers just give him the $$ back and let him keep the card. Check out his toolhaus.org record (one of the worst I've ever seen!)

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...eft+by&Many=ON

Question: Does anyone know if eBay will do anything about this guy if I file some sort of complaint? Or should I wait for the inevitable neg and try to get it erased after the fact? Any insight would be appreciated.

Paul

P.S.: These cards were all pack fresh and shipped in a penny sleeve, top loader, team bags, decoys on either side taped with painter's tape and another decoy across for rigidity - no way did it get damaged during shipping!

Update: I went ahead and reported him using the "Report a Buyer" link - as I haven't sold much on eBay recently, I did not know that was there!

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

give it a rest already with the patch premiums anyway.
    The value of the card is in the quantity produced (serial #) and
    the autograph. 20 years from now you'll wonder why anyone paid 3x
    premium when they could have had the same thing for a fraction.
    Or maybe there are so few of us collecting that there is only demand
    for 10 unique looking patches for any one player - the rest sit on the bench.

Take this for what it's worth, but I remember buying something off him a couple years ago where a couple members said he was known as a patch faker. No one was ever able to say for sure why they thought that, but it was enough for me to not want to buy anything from him in the future.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Looks like you have a buyer who clearly is making a career out of ruining seller's feedback and extorting the system to obtain cards for free. I'm sorry to see you in this situation, thanks for sharing and saving me the BS, I've blocked him. Clearly with this buyer the negative is borderline inevitable but from his Feedback Left for Others there could be a chance for you to save your feedback score. As difficult as this would be, send a very sincere apology, admit the "mistake", make sure to empathize as well. Immediately refund the payment and cross your fingers.

I feel like I had a run in with wjdurbin1 before as well. If I recall, it was over a $.99 card so I sent a refund. But I reminded him that the card was listed as is, and you can't make demands after you purchase a card about its condition. If he had any concerns, they should have asked beforehand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I feel like I had a run in with wjdurbin1 before as well. If I recall, it was over a $.99 card so I sent a refund. But I reminded him that the card was listed as is, and you can't make demands after you purchase a card about its condition. If he had any concerns, they should have asked beforehand.

True - and he did, and the card was perfect when it went out. I've blown up the pic 800% and can see nothing wrong with it (it's a holoboard "swirlorama" stock card) and there's no way it was scratched during shipping. It is clear that he is a scammer and I am amazed (well, not really amazed) that eBay hasn't done anything about him since 1999. Besides all the negs/neutrals, he has left so many positives like "thanks for your help with this problem" or something like that, which to me is a great indicator that he complained and got his $$ back, keeping the card in the process. Even some sellers who have tried to have him send back the card end up with a neg.

I don't sell a lot on eBay, so a neg won't kill me...I'm leaning towards pushing this one up through customer service as much as I can and see if I can help put a stop to his nonsense. At least the few people who read this can block the sunnovab!tch.

Page 46 of 282 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast