Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 92 of 282 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495102142192 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

damn block his butt..i got the exact same message from him ... i gave him a refund .. was a 8$ card i figured what the heck not worth the hassel and just refunded him

just sent him this message

Dear depechedepeche,

Hello , I gave you a refund on this card because you claimed it did not arrive , well i am a member of multiple trading card forums and have found you sent the exact same message that you sent me to other sellers claiming you didn't receive cards and need them for your fathers birthday , so either your mailman is a thief or you are .. either you give me my money back that i refunded you i good faith or this will be reported to the police and ebay so they can decided who the thief is.

- thehip_022

go this response from ebay ...

Dear thehip_022,

The account depechedepeche is temporarily suspended for investigation

Christopher Payne
    Sr Vice President
    eBay , North America

- depechedepeche
    Last edited by thehip66; 11-25-2013 at 10:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Here is a new scam that an ebay member is pulling.
    I sold the buyer a card mid October. On October 23rd I received this email thru ebay messages:

Dear sjw241,

hi my friend . i never receive my hawerchuk jersey cards. whats happens do you thinks ? i will do a complaint agains post canada .
    the problem is i don't want a refund . i really need a hockey cards for my father birthday . i will wait agains...if i dont receive it this week, can you send me similars jersey cards ? ...i understand that you don't have maybe other hawerchuk jerseys cards like that .... but it doesn't matter the players ...
    i just need a good jersey hockey cards for my father birthday .... please
    i will pay you for the replacements cards if one day i receive my first order. trust me , im not a thief, i just want a hockey card for my father.
    im so discourage
    thanks and sorry for this situation
    sincerely
    Hugo 450 569-8631

- depechedepeche

After receiving this message, I sent out a couple cheap jersey cards. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I thought I had added the member to my blocked list but it turns out I made a typo and was one letter off, so they were able to bid again.
    They won another card a couple weeks ago. Yesterday I got this message, again thru ebay:

hi my friend . i never receive my esposito jersey cards. whats happens do you thinks ? i will do a complaint agains post canada .the problem is i don't want a refund . i really need a hockey cards for my father birthday . i will wait agains...if i dont receive it this week, can you send me similars jersey cards ? ...i understand that you don't have maybe other esposito jerseys cards like that .... but it doesn't matter the players ... i just need a good jersey hockey cards for my father birthday .... please i will pay you for the replacements cards if one day i receive my first order. trust me , im not a thief, i just want a hockey card for my father.
    im so discourage
    thanks and sorry for this situation
    sincerely
    Hugo 450 569-8631

Looks like they are doing this to EVERYONE they win items from. I contacted a few sellers that they won from and they confirmed they got the same email.

I sent him this response:

Take note. You sent me the exact same email October 23rd 2013. I have reported this activity to ebay. I will also be contacting the Quebec Provincial Police regarding your blatant fraudulent activity. I don't care if you leave me negative feedback, ebay has already assured me it will be removed right away.
    You are going to be all over the sports card forums and outed as a scam artist. I hope you realize who you are dealing with here. I take this seriously. I work in law enforcement and will make sure every legal action will be taken against you. I have friends in the RCMP who will be told about this. There are laws against internet fraud. Read up on them. It can't be worth it to steal cards worth $10 or less.

Their response, a few minutes ago:

Dear sjw241,

its was a mistake
    forget this message

- depechedepeche

Ebay was contacted and are "investigating" I will be calling the Quebec Provincial Police tomorrow as well. Beware of this scammer! Block them now!

That is so bizarre. I sold to this guy 2 or 3 times, he was also telling me he needed cards for his dad's birthday, or that he was setting up some sort of charity for Quebec centre for heart disease, or something. Funny thing though, he paid quickly each time and never asked for a refund. Guess he's just come up with this scam. Sorry Hugo...no more!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I don't visit this thread very often, but it was interesting to read the experience people have had with depechedepeche as I too have had the exact same issue with him. I sent a low end card he purchased. He said he didn't receive but needed something for his Dad's birthday so I sent a replacement and we both left positive feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

damn block his butt..i got the exact same message from him ... i gave him a refund .. was a 8$ card i figured what the heck not worth the hassel and just refunded him

just sent him this message

Dear depechedepeche,

Hello , I gave you a refund on this card because you claimed it did not arrive , well i am a member of multiple trading card forums and have found you sent the exact same message that you sent me to other sellers claiming you didn't receive cards and need them for your fathers birthday , so either your mailman is a thief or you are .. either you give me my money back that i refunded you i good faith or this will be reported to the police and ebay so they can decided who the thief is.

- thehip_022

go this response from ebay ...

Dear thehip_022,

The account depechedepeche is temporarily suspended for investigation

Christopher Payne
    Sr Vice President
    eBay , North America

- depechedepeche

I got the same message from him regardig being suspended. that too is a lie. I called Ebay this morning and they said he is not suspended "YET" as they said. I emailed depechedepeche again and said this:

Dear depechedepeche,

I spoke with ebay this morning. They said that the last email you sent, regarding being suspended is a lie. Not sure why you need to keep the charade up.
    They saw all the messages you sent to sellers and are now well aware of your activity.
    I am calling the police in Quebec this afternoon.
    You have been reported to all the sports card forum websites that I am a member of. Ironically many members there have reported that you did the same thing to them.
    When speaking with ebay they told me that they may start their own legal action against you. They don't take too kindly to people committing fraud through their website.
    I hope all the cards you scammed from innocent people was worth it.
    Oh, and by the way. CBC news has a segment about fraud artists. I will be submitting this to them. Who knows, you might make the 6 o'clock news.

- sjw241

SCF Rewards
    Country

On another note another one for the non-paying bidder list , couldn't come up with 1.99

user ID : iconcollect52

SCF Rewards
    Country

just submitted this report to ebay for whatever good it will do , but i would suggest all do the same so they are well aware of how many he has ripped off

Hi Cory,
    Thanks for letting us know about a problem you had with a buyer. Here's a summary of your report:
    User ID:depechedepeche
    Reason: Buyer misused returns
    Comments: Buyer contacted me that he didn't not receive his card and needed it for his fathers birthday gift , so i felt bad I refunded him . I have since come to find out from other sellers that he has used this story multiple times to either get refunds or obtain replacement cards from sellers . This buyer is clearly committing fraud taking advantage of sellers not shipping with tracking which is to expensive to justify with low value cards
    We'll take your confidential report and review it with other internal information (including reports from other sellers). Although we know you've submitted this report, it is anonymous to your buyer. Also, please note that we won't be able to tell you of any specific action taken for confidentiality reasons.

Also posting this for all , in case he makes another account

Hugo D'Amours
    1204 AVE DU PARC
    ST-JEROME QC J7Z 6Z7
    Canada
    Last edited by thehip66; 11-26-2013 at 12:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question to all,

I recently bought a card off Ebay and had the usual $10.51 Ebay projected international shipping and the import fee which never applies to single hockey cards. I asked the seller to adjust the shipping because import fees never apply to opened hockey cards. I got a invoice for $10 for the card and $16.99 for shipping which I sent multiple messages because I didn't need it tracked or expedited. He explained to me this was the standard shipping and tracking/expedited would be almost double. After saying I would not pay that shipping and will open a case with Ebay, he threatened me saying ebay would ban me forever which I know is not true obviously.

Anyone ever deal with a situation like this? Am I really at fault because he can set his own shipping prices? There was also racism involved from his end which is a whole another case of it own.

Edit: He is from Minnesota, I am from Winnipeg.
    Last edited by Nazem Kadri; 11-29-2013 at 08:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Question to all,

I recently bought a card off Ebay and had the usual $10.51 Ebay projected international shipping and the import fee which never applies to single hockey cards. I asked the seller to adjust the shipping because import fees never apply to opened hockey cards. I got a invoice for $10 for the card and $16.99 for shipping which I sent multiple messages because I didn't need it tracked or expedited. He explained to me this was the standard shipping and tracking/expedited would be almost double. After saying I would not pay that shipping and will open a case with Ebay, he threatened me saying ebay would ban me forever which I know is not true obviously.

Anyone ever deal with a situation like this? Am I really at fault because he can set his own shipping prices? There was also racism involved from his end which is a whole another case of it own.

Were the shipping rates posted in the auction description? If they were its on you. But if they weren't I'd say they are trying to gouge you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Were the shipping rates posted in the auction description? If they were its on you. But if they weren't I'd say they are trying to gouge you.

No price was ever listed and it's the same for all his auctions. He just lets ebay predict international shipping. When I tried to pay right after I won it would have been like $10.51 and randomly calculated import charges (I have no idea if you pay them right on Ebay or once you receive the item) Shouldn't matter there's no duty on opened hockey cards. The only reason I asked for it was because of this, then all of a sudden the price was like $6.50 more after he invoiced it. I know if they post it you should pay for it a deals a deal. I don't want an infraction or an unpaid warning but how can ebay find this fair in anyway.

I personally think its because he got less than what he expected and he wants to try and make an extra 10 bucks to recoup.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(37)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See 1967Leafsfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

The seller has chosen to use the global shipping program on his auctions, and the pricing is set by the price of the auction. The other price is basically the brokerage fees that are charged to cross-border buyers on packages. You are correct that cards are not suppose to be charged these rediculous amounts, or anything at all, and you can fight it, but seriously why would you bid on something that has these costs posted? Stay away from these sellers, and they'll get the hint when they don't sell anything, or they go for nothing. At the very least you should have inquired about the costs before you bid. I doubt you will get any sympathy from ebay, or paypal. You shouldn't have bid on something that has this program on it. It's just another cash grab.

Page 92 of 282 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495102142192 ... LastLast