Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 277 of 282 FirstFirst ... 177227267274275276277278279280 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I do 9 scans with my scanner and crop each one with Paint

Doesn't everyone do this?

lol I would never make just 1 scan at a time.That would be hell.

Yup. That's the way to do it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I do 9 scans with my scanner and crop each one with Paint

Doesn't everyone do this?

lol I would never make just 1 scan at a time.That would be hell.

i scan 4 cards at a time and then use the scan program to crop em out individually

also usually do this while watching tv too
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

An Ebay story, if anyone interested

Talked about this seller earlier but just putting that out there so people can make a decision on wether they want to do business with that kind of person or not.

frank14_hockey

Reminder : I was charged 30$ CAD in shipping for a 57$ CAD order (so within Canada). Shipping charges were explained in the description but I still decided to bid because there was several cards I needed and tried to catch a few good deals at the same time to have new traders.

I contracted the seller because I was curious on what would be the reasonning behind charging so much for shipping. We know it's against Ebay policies and we know they still charge fees on it. All it might accomplish is actually make your auctions sell lower than they would bc on that type of items, you need "serial bidders", but most of those wouldn't bid because of those crazy shipping charges . That's not a very smart strategy IMO.

Anyway, at that point I had already paid.

ME :

"Of course you are free to decide but I suggest you change that shipping strategy. There's a really huge seller I have been buying from several times for a long time named "......" (then I give him the link)

I buy 40-50 cards most of the time and he ships in 2 enveloppes, each costing around 4-5$ in postage. He charges me around 10-12$ for shipping"

HIM :

"I really appreciate the share and will definitely look into...my struggles with these shipping charges are the complete result of a new postmaster at my rural post office from about nine months ago. This lady has been nothing but trouble and tries everything to get a buck or two out of me. She doesn't consider hockey cards as paper products so no matter what I do they are charging me extra fees for shipping a different kind of material. Each time I try and send an over sized envelope with the postage of just under $2 and they ding me for more cash...its been a real struggle. Worst is, when I complained about it, it got worse...so since then I've had to change my shipping strategies to offset the costs incurred. I'm not in position to drive to get them mailed somewhere else either...one day she'll be gone and I'll be back to normal.
    Thanks for all the advice and hope you are staying safe during these crazy times,"

ME (after I received) :

"Actually, it doesn't seem like it is such a struggle... 5 enveloppes with 1.94$ stamps : total 11.11$ with taxes

5 enveloppes, a few top loaders, let's say 15$ total (personally, 5 enveloppes cost me not even 1$)

So even if you account Ebay and Paypal fees (that are not supposed to be charged in the shipping costs), you still have some money left from that 30$

Anyway, I never paid that much for a 57$ CAD order... particularly considering it's from the same country

I knew it didn't make sense."

That's what I wrote on April 30 but he NEVER replied to offer excuses or anything to make amends. So I eventually decided after a while to leave neutral and negative feedback ONLY because he flat out lied to me.

I mean, he abused on shipping but it was written in his description so I would have still left positive feedback. But don't start inventing a "heart breaking" story and at least send with tracking god damnit.
    Last edited by Xspyrit; 05-28-2020 at 09:21 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

An Ebay story, if anyone interested

Talked about this seller earlier but just putting that out there so people can make a decision on wether they want to do business with that kind of person or not.

frank14_hockey

Reminder : I was charged 30$ CAD in shipping for a 57$ CAD order (so within Canada). Shipping charges were explained in the description but I still decided to bid because there was several cards I needed and tried to catch a few good deals at the same time to have new traders.

I contracted the seller because I was curious on what would be the reasonning behind charging so much for shipping. We know it's against Ebay policies and we know they still charge fees on it. All it might accomplish is actually make your auctions sell lower than they would bc on that type of items, you need "serial bidders", but most of those wouldn't bid because of those crazy shipping charges . That's not a very smart strategy IMO.

Anyway, at that point I had already paid.

ME :

"Of course you are free to decide but I suggest you change that shipping strategy. There's a really huge seller I have been buying from several times for a long time named "......" (then I give him the link)

I buy 40-50 cards most of the time and he ships in 2 enveloppes, each costing around 4-5$ in postage. He charges me around 10-12$ for shipping"

HIM :

"I really appreciate the share and will definitely look into...my struggles with these shipping charges are the complete result of a new postmaster at my rural post office from about nine months ago. This lady has been nothing but trouble and tries everything to get a buck or two out of me. She doesn't consider hockey cards as paper products so no matter what I do they are charging me extra fees for shipping a different kind of material. Each time I try and send an over sized envelope with the postage of just under $2 and they ding me for more cash...its been a real struggle. Worst is, when I complained about it, it got worse...so since then I've had to change my shipping strategies to offset the costs incurred. I'm not in position to drive to get them mailed somewhere else either...one day she'll be gone and I'll be back to normal.
    Thanks for all the advice and hope you are staying safe during these crazy times,"

ME (after I received) :

"Actually, it doesn't seem like it is such a struggle... 5 enveloppes with 1.94$ stamps : total 11.11$ with taxes

5 enveloppes, a few top loaders, let's say 15$ total (personally, 5 enveloppes cost me not even 1$)

So even if you account Ebay and Paypal fees (that are not supposed to be charged in the shipping costs), you still have some money left from that 30$

Anyway, I never paid that much for a 57$ CAD order... particularly considering it's from the same country

I knew it didn't make sense."

That's what I wrote on April 30 but he NEVER replied to offer excuses or anything to make amends. So I eventually decided after a while to leave neutral and negative feedback ONLY because he flat out lied to me.

I mean, he abused on shipping but it was written in his description so I would have still left positive feedback. But don't start inventing a "heart breaking" story and at least send with tracking god damnit.

It's one thing to get charged a large $$ for shipping and see evidence they paid that amount. But the $2 times 5 envelopes would anger me.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

It's one thing to get charged a large $$ for shipping and see evidence they paid that amount. But the $2 times 5 envelopes would anger me.

Ebay told me the other day, "we encourage sellers to refund shipping charges that were pai in extra"

If you charge 20$ for shipping but it only costed 8$, they expect you to partially refund your customer.

But apparently some sellers have no remorse, they are trying to squeeze every $ out of you

Those sellers don't deserve our money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I have 2 issues here. First, I have never had anyone give me a hard time about the contents of an envelope when shipping within Canada. Second, and this is a big one, why can't he throw stamps on them and drop them in a mailbox? Problem solved.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country

I have 2 issues here. First, I have never had anyone give me a hard time about the contents of an envelope when shipping within Canada. Second, and this is a big one, why can't he throw stamps on them and drop them in a mailbox? Problem solved.

Yeah, that's my my naive side here, always giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I was expecting to receive a package with tracking or something, but when the enveloppes showed up I realized he was lying. Actually, he hinted at this in prior messages so I knew it was bull™™™™, but I had already paid at that point.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The member I posted about here changed their id. Figured I share another name to put on your list.

Amazing how folks think they can screw people over on shipping charges then ebay helps them do it.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Ebay Seller

Hello All,

I won 4 bids of Engrained Box Breaks last night on eBay. The seller posted the box break on you tube. I had Philly, Washington, Detroit & Boston. The auctions were over after I went to bed. When I awoke I saw that Philly had 2 hits. One was a Carter Hart RC Auto. Since I did not pay right away he cancelled the bids within 14 hours. In his auction it requires payment immediately or within 48 hours.

I opened a claim with eBay.

Questions;
    Does eBay do anything and how long for the resolution?
    Will they force the seller to accept payment for the bids?
    Am I just wasting my time?

The eBay seller is milansoccer1313.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

He can technically cancel your bids / refuse to sell to you for any reason he wants, even after youve won the auction

What is stated in the description does not matter, its all about eBays terms.

The auction can state in the description - No returns accepted - but if you dont like something about the card eBay will force them to let you return it

The auction can state in the description - Immediate payment required - but eBay will let you have 3 days if the seller is patient enough and files the proper claims

Nothing in the description ( other than the exact description of what you are buying ) matters as all.
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 07-07-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 277 of 282 FirstFirst ... 177227267274275276277278279280 ... LastLast