Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 256 of 282 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258259266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2816
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yes. That's it. I'm not silly enough to believe that everyone who lives in a 6 mile radius of each other... in NYC.. knows each other. Way too many people there.

But I'm also not silly enough to believe in coincidences. I open a case, and then one is opened against me by someone 6 miles away? Once both are closed in my favour, I get an offer from someone who lives on the same block as the seller in the first case? I'd rather err on the side of keeping my cards & money.

Sean,
    i find the locations to be a little funny as well due to their proximity. What you did seem logical to me. Nothing wrong with being proactive to keep something like this from happening again by blocking them.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers
    See minnie-mac's Items on eBay

Hi, I found this seller on eBay and I don't know what to think about their listings. In terms of their hockey stuff, they only sell "proof" cards. Here's a link to their sold listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Ice-Hockey-...p2046732.m1684

The other thing I found weird about is that they have a number of completed listings that are high gloss young guns from 09-10 and don't have serial numbers:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Ice-Hockey-...p2046732.m1684

Is it legit? They have a great rating, maybe I'm just unfamiliar with proof cards, but most of them are sold pretty cheaply and I thought proof cards were typically worth a little more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a heads up for everyone to block this bidder:
    da102885-7

This guy buys a 3 dollar item from me, then issues a request for refund because he "lives in a bad area where stuff gets stolen". Unbelievable. He files this claim the day I finally received my Top Rated Seller status. This guy literally has a massive affect on my life because of something I have zero to do with. Just block him and save yourself the pain.

His name is DARREN ARNOLD. Not sure of the rules, but here it is until it gets taken down.
    Last edited by WinWithoutaKnife; 02-26-2018 at 01:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upper Deck once sent me a bunch of the non-numbered HG cards as a replacement for some damaged Young Guns. Weird that they have them sitting around.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Hi! Need advice here please. I purchased this card in ebay and received today, these were redemptions. I looked at the back and there is no mention that the auto is guaranteed by Panini like every Panini auto has. I've contacted the seller and he told me he received straight from Panini, he was kind of laughing at me at first saying that they don't even make these cards unsigned which was false. Anyways, after arguing for awhile and me sending pics of actual guaranteed autos, he finally understood. He told me to send the card back and he would refund me. I was wondering if I should open an ebay case. What if I send back and he doesn't refund me? How long am I protected? Thanks for tour help!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Cla...53.m2749.l2649
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hi! Need advice here please. I purchased this card in ebay and received today, these were redemptions. I looked at the back and there is no mention that the auto is guaranteed by Panini like every Panini auto has. I've contacted the seller and he told me he received straight from Panini, he was kind of laughing at me at first saying that they don't even make these cards unsigned which was false. Anyways, after arguing for awhile and me sending pics of actual guaranteed autos, he finally understood. He told me to send the card back and he would refund me. I was wondering if I should open an ebay case. What if I send back and he doesn't refund me? How long am I protected? Thanks for tour help!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Classics-Signatures-Autographs-100-Guy-Lafleur-SP-Auto/173191025770?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m2749.l2649

I have opened cases in response to situations similar to yours. I explained to the seller that I was doing it to protect myself and that it was not personal. I had been burned by a trusted PowerSeller when I first joined eBay because I didn't open a claim, opting instead to "work it out ourselves."

I would just give the seller a heads up that you are opening a claim and take it from there. If they're legit, they'll understand it's a part of doing business on feeBay.

Good luck

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country

I have opened cases in response to situations similar to yours. I explained to the seller that I was doing it to protect myself and that it was not personal. I had been burned by a trusted PowerSeller when I first joined eBay because I didn't open a claim, opting instead to "work it out ourselves."

I would just give the seller a heads up that you are opening a claim and take it from there. If they're legit, they'll understand it's a part of doing business on feeBay.

Good luck

This is exactly what I did last night. Didn't want to get ripped off. Thank you for the advice!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

Another buyer warning

User: awadyves2011

Basically, I had a listed Mark Messier Ultimate Auto he offered $30 for it and I told him the best I could do was $45 he also demanded a one-touch I was fine with that. He received the card and immediately said it was damaged and that he wanted a partial refund of $15(coincidence that it was less the amount he decided to pay in the first place? I do not think so) So I asked for a picture and I told him that all cards are near mint to mint and would not refund without proof. This is the photo he sent:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147023...posted-public/

Now, this was the only "damage" it's on the back and he was threatening to make a claim and negative feedback in every message. At this point and how busy I was I just simply did not want to deal with eBay and getting the issue resolved all over $15. So he is now on my blocked list I would strongly recommend doing the same. Clearly this was his way of getting his original offer as he did not want to send it back for a full refund and would only be satisfied through a partial refund.

In follow-up to this post, wanted to say that it is now April 2018 and I just recieved a weird eBay message from a buyer stating they were wondering if i could ship in a brand new one-touch and free of charge. This person is still at it after all this time. Anyway, as a SCF member, I know about this thread so I searched and saw this post. I am glad i did, because otherwise I probably would not have done anything. But now I blocked immediately after reading this and the other related messages. The card in question is $7 CAN and i charge $2.99 CAN for shipping. Thanks for taking the time to post the warning, it helps us all.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country

In follow-up to this post, wanted to say that it is now April 2018 and I just recieved a weird eBay message from a buyer stating they were wondering if i could ship in a brand new one-touch and free of charge. This person is still at it after all this time. Anyway, as a SCF member, I know about this thread so I searched and saw this post. I am glad i did, because otherwise I probably would not have done anything. But now I blocked immediately after reading this and the other related messages. The card in question is $7 CAN and i charge $2.99 CAN for shipping. Thanks for taking the time to post the warning, it helps us all.

This happened to me a few years back also. I remember the card being a Wayne Gretzky black diamond championship rings, I think it went for 50$, the seller wrote back and told me the same thing, the logo had a scratch on it and it was very important to him. What an idiot! Probably the same guy, Messier, Gretzky...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 06vq350z's Items on eBay

SCAMMER ALERT:

Please be advise of Ebay User ID: hedgar514

A friend of mine sold a card for $64 and unfortunately this guy opened the case against him claiming he never received it and got his money back. However I was cross checking his Ebay ID and I learned he was already on my blocked list a couple years back when I was scammed as well. Anyway I feel for my friend here and it sucks. PLEASE ADD THIS EBAY USER TO YOUR BLOCKED LIST!

Page 256 of 282 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258259266 ... LastLast