Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry eBay should have a new rule.........

eBay should have a new rule stating that shipping prices should be the the exact price and not 1 penny more. I bought a game worn batting glove last week and the guy charged me $10 shipping. I recieved the glove today in the mail and it said $1.95 on the package. That really makes me mad. I understand a lot of times if shipping is maybe $1 more but not $8 more.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    I can understand being upset about $8. However, are you suggesting that the seller pay for all the supplies, and then simply charge you for the price of shipping the item from point A to point B. I do not think that is going to happen. If the shipping service charged $1.95 I would not have charged $10, but I would have charged around $3 probably. I am not going to swallow the cost, because someone only wants to pay for the shipping of an item. There is a lot more to shipping/handling for instance packaging.

-Lewis
    Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Tom Brady
    ”Bruise Brothers”, “Grind Line”, “Russian 5”
    Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Mike Modano
    “Motor City Bad Boys”, “Fab 5”, Michael Jordan, Penny
    Mike Tyson, Brian Stann, CM Punk, Tiger Woods

Yeah, there is the time, materials, and the actual shipping cost. Is the price you were charged for shipping outrageous? It is profitable for the seller surely, but that is why everyone on ebay should calculate shipping into the final amount they are willing to pay.

Well, I don't mind if the price is $1-$2 more but I just though that $8 was way too much

That does suck. I just one a box of Spx and the shipping is only $6.50. Also just won a lot of 3 box toppers and the shipping was only 3.50.
    I am sure both of them will cost more than your guy charge you.
    I usually only bid on stuff with a low shipping listed, or a usps calculated shipping total

Well, I think a lot of times the sellers up the shipping cost so they pay less to ebay when the auction closes. Ebay charges both an insertion fee and a "final value fee". http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html . If they start the auction at .99 and then it closes at 20.00 (plus the 10.00 shipping), then they would be paying the least amount. I have seen auctions that sell with 2.00 but with an 80.00 shipping.

Ebay does not charge a commission on the shipping charges.

This is a dirty/cheap trick, but I believe Ebay wil NARU the seller account if they see a pattern. (Ebay doesnt seem to police their auctions too much, so someone would need to document and tell Ebay staff about the offending seller).

RoosterX

Quote Originally Posted by chipper10
    Well, I don't mind if the price is $1-$2 more but I just though that $8 was way too much
    Then you shouldn't have bid.

People do that because bidders always go after the card that has the lowest bid rather than the card that is the cheapest when you factor in shipping/handling.

If people want to stop these people from doing it then you have to stop buying from them because sellers who sell at reasonable prices aren't getting bids on their stuff and then they see these people rippping off people getting more money so they will follow suit as well.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I try not to bid on cards that I think the shipping is insane. It depends on the card though sometimes I make a exception and bid anyways.

I always check shipping prices before buying. eBay's searches allow you to view shipping charges on all auctions. Sometimes there will be auctions where the seller has chosen not to list the shipping, but most seem to have them listed.

The sellers need to make the money off of thier items, not the shipping and packaging and anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast