View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autographs versus Game-used

Autographs versus Game-used

What do you like better? I personally like the autographs better because it has a more personal feeling to it. Let me know what you think!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    I like autographs better. I was reading the back of a game used baseball card and it said this is an EVENT game worn jersey card. That means he could have wore it for 5 minutes in a pickup game!!! Autographs also hold their value longer, and mean more to me.

Just to let you know, event game worn are usually found in Prospect Premieres. This is because the prospect has yet to premiere in a game when they make the card or has yet to wear the big club's jersey. Basically, they wear the jersey for the photo shoot and then the jersey is cut up and put into the cards...

i like auto's better because gu are so massed produced. most of the time now you get 3 gu in a box. that's not really a spectacular pull when you are guaranteed to get that many. autograpsh right now are harder to pull therefore i like them more

Well i enjoy collecting both, but if I had to choose from a Jeffries GU or Auto of the same BV id choose the auto.

Autographs definately.
    There are just too many Gu'd on the market.
    I always like pulling one. Especially when it is of a Ranger or Ichiro or somebody like that but they just aren't worth anything.
    Autographs are much harder to get and hold more value.
    I always like pulling autos more even if it isn't anybody good.
    An added bonus is getting a jersey/auto combo or something like that.

Autographs hands down :)

I just loathe GU anymore (mostly jerseys)....like Molina said...way too much of it on the market!!

I do think the GU Gloves, shoes and stuff like that are kinda cool, but I would much rather have autographs!!

My goal is to have 1,000 autographs of different players by the end of the year :D

Peace,
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

The whole GU/Auto card thing is new to me as a veteran collector, but it seems like they are everywhere! That said, I prefer a nice auto of a player I like versus a GU...but I'd rather a GU card of my favorite player than an auto of a player I don't like...

I love autos. Not only are they worth more, but they have more sentimental value because it's actually the player writing something rather than just a jersey coming off them. I like autos a lot better, especially cut sigs. I'm the "Cut Signature Mogul".

Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast