Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No - the word Americans will suffice, why do you have to put colour as part of definition? Why are Americans with brown or black skin any different than any other Americans.

Stop trying to confine them by Race.

How does one refer to the group within "Americans" though? Sometimes it isn't about race, but simple description. Referring to a black person as black is not wrong. It can actually be a detriment to avoid referring to blacks as "black".

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

They are Americans .....

End of.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

They are Americans .....

End of.

So if you're mugged by someone you will refer to that person as "American" when describing him to police and hope they can decipher what he looks like based on "American".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Sorry but i do have to chuckle at that.It is a valid point

So if you're mugged by someone you will refer to that person as "American" when describing him to police and hope they can decipher what he looks like based on "American".

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not if I am in Uzbekistan at the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Do you travel that often?

Not if I am in Uzbekistan at the time.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

When I was a kid a friend of mine had her backpack stolen. Her parents took her to the police. Being that it was a town of about 6000 people, it should have been pretty easy to figure out who it was. They were there for 2 hours until she finally said "he was black"

The police immediately went to the black family's house (there was literally one) and got the backpack back in about 5 minutes.

That's what avoiding "black" due to PCism does.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hice is just being difficult.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-16-2013 at 03:38 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

No - the word Americans will suffice, why do you have to put colour as part of definition? Why are Americans with brown or black skin any different than any other Americans.

Stop trying to define them, or confine them by Race.

Because otherwise it's making broad statements. It's not insulting to say white or black.

They are Americans .....

End of.

So like wickabee said, let's say I get in a fight, should both of us involved be termed "americans" and that's it? It's really short sighted, in my opinion.

It's not an insult, racism or anything else to use the term black or African American.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I have no issue with people using color to describe Americans, what I do have an issue with is phrases such as; African American, Italian American, and such.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast