Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (219)
    Country
    See collectorskip's Items on eBay

There sure was a lot of colorful stuff out there then!

Skip

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not my card

Aaron Judge card with a Clayton Kershaw autograph on it....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (59)
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Stars
    See allgood.collectibles's Items on eBay

Wonder what that sold for?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (219)
    Country
    See collectorskip's Items on eBay

YIKES!!

Skip

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who wants chaw?

SCF Rewards
    Country

This one was spotted by BSEBALLCOMMISH75 and I honestly can't believe it took me this many years to find these cards. I know he didn't have many but with a name like Pork Chop he should have been posted much earlier in this thread. Thanks again for the spot and bringing it to my attention.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is awesome. Of bourse his initial is pretty cool as well PCP!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

This one was spotted by BSEBALLCOMMISH75 and I honestly can't believe it took me this many years to find these cards. I know he didn't have many but with a name like Pork Chop he should have been posted much earlier in this thread. Thanks again for the spot and bringing it to my attention.

"Gimmie what ya got for a pork chop. She threw it at me like I was a shortstop." - Chingy from his song "Right Thurr"

Interesting note... This dude had a LONG minor league career. He made his MiLB debut in 1988, and was still playing in affiliated minor league ball in 1998... And then in the independent leagues until 2003!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's a good one from 2018 Topps Stadium Club:

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is likely one of the craziest cards you'll ever see. To my knowledge, it is the only Topps card that shows one player as playing for three different teams. The REALLY crazy part is that Mr. Lipon didn't end the '53 season, or play any games in '54, with ANY of the three teams shown. Here's how it happened...

September 8, 1953: His contract was purchased by the St. Louis Browns from the Boston Red Sox. (He ended the 1953 season playing 7 games with the Browns)

The Browns relocated to Baltimore and became the Orioles to begin the 1954 season.

February 5, 1954: He was traded by the Baltimore Orioles to the Chicago White Sox.

April 18, 1954: (Five days into the season) before he made any appearances for the Chicago White Sox, he was traded to the Cincinnati Reds.

He played exactly ONE GAME in 1954, going 0-1 for the Reds, before his contract was purchased by a team in Cuba. He he never played in the big leagues again, but played several years in the minors and had a lengthy career as a MiLB manager.

One thing that doesn't make much sense about this card, when put in context with the whole set... Other O's cards from the set (even from the first series) had players caps changed to the Orioles logo in the headshot. In this case, they attempted to change the inset picture (albeit with the incorrect crossed bat logo), but didn't bother to change the main photo.

To add to the craziness of this card, his position is listed as 3B, but the write up on the back describes his slick defense at SS. He played 717 career games at SS, and only 15 at 3B.

My fellow collectors, I present to you, my favorite card in my collection.

The 1954 Topps Johnny Lipon...

front (1).jpgback.jpg
    Last edited by CardsAndPhils; 07-09-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Photos didn't show up

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast