Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This blows me away!

This blows me away!

Smith auto

Insane Irish linked this in another post. It got me thinking.

You can sell this auto of Alex Smith and get enough money to buy an auto of each of the following players: John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Tom Brady,and Brett Favre.

I understand that the Smith came from a very expensive pack, but the thought that a card of an unproven QB could bring enough money to get the autos of those great players blows me away!
    "In space no one can eat ice cream!"

2. Kronozio
    I have always thought the same thing too...And just like any player Smith could blow his knee out tomorrow and never play agian...If I was gunna spend that kind of money I would rather have a hof auto or at least someone who is a geat in the NFL... Def would rather take John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Tom Brady,and Brett Farve over one Alex Smith card

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bl bassist
    I have always thought the same thing too...And just like any player Smith could blow his knee out tomorrow and never play agian...If I was gunna spend that kind of money I would rather have a hof auto or at least someone who is a geat in the NFL... Def would rather take John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Tom Brady,and Brett Farve over one Alex Smith card

-Mark
    I AGREE 100%

The funny thing is, it ended at $560 or whatever, and it didn't reach his "reserve" price.
    Dude, if you get over half a grand for a QB who has yet to throw a TD (correct me if I'm wrong) TAKE THE $$ AND FRIKAN RUN!!!!!

This Hobby is getting crazy man, I just can't believe this card sells so high.
    Honestly, in 3-4 years, if this guy "cools down", or doesn't live up to the hype (which I'm thinking he won't as long as he is in SF) he won't get $50 for the card.
    But, I guess if you a just a true fan of the guy, then so be it. And some people just have that kinda cash to throw around, so power to them!!
    I have to agree though, I'd rather buy the Elway/Marino/Montana cards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Irish
    Dude, if you get over half a grand for a QB who has yet to throw a TD (correct me if I'm wrong) TAKE THE $$ AND FRIKAN RUN!!!!!
    Great advice!

You definitely can't blame the seller for putting it on ebay,that's for sure. You just laugh at the idiot who is willing to spend an insane amount of money on an unproven rookie. Same goes for the baseball "prospectors" who think that every rookie coming up through the minor league ranks are the next Babe Ruth or Roger Clemens,but more times than not turn into the next Josh Hamilton or Rick Ankiel. I'd rather put my money into someone who has proven themselves than someone who could be a has-been in a few years.
    Wantlist to everything I collect and tradelist:
    Hidden Content
    When trading with me,communication is key.

I wonder what the reserve is its over 500 hunder and still not met

Quote Originally Posted by bblair_2002
    You definitely can't blame the seller for putting it on ebay,that's for sure.
    Can't blame them one bit. If I had that card, I'd sell it in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by bblair_2002
    You definitely can't blame the seller for putting it on ebay,that's for sure. You just laugh at the idiot who is willing to spend an insane amount of money on an unproven rookie. Same goes for the baseball "prospectors" who think that every rookie coming up through the minor league ranks are the next Babe Ruth or Roger Clemens,but more times than not turn into the next Josh Hamilton or Rick Ankiel. I'd rather put my money into someone who has proven themselves than someone who could be a has-been in a few years.
    Josh hamilton still may make it to the bigs, and he's pretty young. He is working out in clearwater, florida till his suspension lifts (Bud Selig won't be commissioner for much longer). He is still playing baseball, but it's not major league affiliated. He has one more shot maybe to come back around.

I do want to correct ya that at 500 youll be luck to get two good autos of those players.. Favre alone usually sells 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast