Thread: Kobe Bryant

tkeo1

Looking for help with Kobe card

Looking to find out what a 96 kobe bryant topps
    pcg gem mint 10 might be worth
    Last edited by tkeo1; 04-04-2003 at 11:57 PM.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    whoa!! now that's nice.

I'd like to know the answer to that question to.

Is there a price guide for graded cards? Or is it up to the person buying the cards how much they're willing to pay.

Boy, that PCG 10 is gonna get some $$$$ if you're willing to sell it on Ebay

From what I have seen, PCG is not a strict card grading company. One card I saw graded a 9 would have been a 6 from BGS. Anyways, the card books at $15, and probably would get around that on Ebay.

radiohead...I don't understand, how can a card graded a 9 by one company be a 6 by another?

Aren't the criteria (corners sharp, well-centered, etc) the same for all grading companies?

Originally posted by podstock
    radiohead...I don't understand, how can a card graded a 9 by one company be a 6 by another?

Aren't the criteria (corners sharp, well-centered, etc) the same for all grading companies?
    Well, they all look at the same thing but the grades can be dramatically different. The smaller lesser known companies seem to be more generous in their grading b/c IMO they don't want to drive away business. I have seen some people on ebay "grade" their own cards and sell them as "10s".

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    Well, they all look at the same thing but the grades can be dramatically different. The smaller lesser known companies seem to be more generous in their grading b/c IMO they don't want to drive away business. I have seen some people on ebay "grade" their own cards and sell them as "10s".
    LOL how can people grade their own cards?

lolol..yes, I can imagine that Ebay sellers would grade their cards as mint.

I buy and sell garbage pail kids cards, and I've bought huge lots of cards (4000 or more) where the seller says the cards are all mint, when I know better.

lolol

I have followed Kobe Cards since 99 and I could tell you that at the moment. That card would only bring in $10.00-$15.00 on Ebay. I bought a BGS 9.5 of this card a few weeks back for $25.00.