Thread: Auction Invoicing Question

Auction Invoicing Question

I have a quick auction question. After an auction, or a group of auctions, ends how long should a person wait to get an invoice from the seller before contacting the seller?

I agree, invoice should come quickly. However, sometimes it's easier to just checkout on your own. That way you can get payment paypal'd to the seller or get their address and get it mailed.

m

Reason I was asking, I won 5 auctions (5 jersey cards for $5.00/Maddux, Sosa,) from a guy that ended on the the 14th. Checked my mail this morning, still no invoice. So I went ahead and paid for the auctions and for shipping, since I didn't get an invoice, I just put $3.00, which was what he listed in the description. Now only after I sent the paypal do I get an e-mail saying "Oh, I forgot to mention that I charge $1.00 for each additional card won." There was no mention of any extra charges in his description. Seems like he should've at least had it on his auction listings.

Cards I had won
    2002 DIAMOND KINGS GREG MADDUX JERSEY /400
    2001 SP GAME BAT MILESTONE EDITION SAMMY SOSA BAT CARD
    2003 UD SUPERSTARS GARRET ANDERSON/ PAUL KARIYA JERSEY
    2003 SWEET SPOT NATE BURLESON ROOKIE JERSEY /300
    2005 LEAF LONGEVITY STEFAN LEFORS ROOKIE JERSEY 67/75

I've learned to assume that when a shipper doesn't mention shipping discounts he often won't give them. Or they are ridiculous, like 50 cents off haha.

I've had a couple like that recently too. One guy sold an old barber quarter to my dad a couple weeks ago for a couple dollars and he tried to charge almost $10 shipping he said for UPS shipping. When I asked him why he didn't just use the regular post office to mail them, he said that he didn't know he could. Ended up getting the shipping cut to $.52. And another guy was selling a dvd I was wanting and in his description he said shipping was $5.00. When I got the invoice he was charging $6.40 shipping. When I asked why he added an extra $1.40, he said because it was a 2 dvd set and that he just forgot to write it in the description. Stuff like that shouldn't be allowed.

Chris

typically you will pay extra fro each adition item. Some ebay sellers don't even combine shipping, which i think kind of stinks. Technically a seller can charge you the total of the listed shipping per item as that is how they are listed on ebay.

If I buy stuff on ebay, I always make sure the buyer combines shipping if they do not state it in their auction. Sounds like this guy does. Eventhough it doesn't cost anymore than a stamp or two to add 3-4 extra cards to the original one, he has the right to charge as long as his auction states it.