Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Scanners

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hattrickmicks's Items on eBay

Scanners

Looking to get a scanner for cards and 8x10s. Anyone have a good recommendation? Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

I recently picked up a Canon CanoScan 9000F on the recommendation of several other collectors and am very pleased with it. It does a reasonable job on reflective cards (like foil), it does an outstanding job on slabbed cards, and it is very fast. It wasn't cheap, I dropped $130 on it at Amazon, but so far, it has been well worth the price. If you can find a good deal on earlier models in the same series (all the way down to the 5600F), you'd probably get he same quality and save some money. However, the older you go, the less likely to find driver support for more recent operating systems.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hattrickmicks's Items on eBay

Call me crazy but I went with a Canon CanoScan 4507B002 LiDE110 Color Image Scanner http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

I did some google searches and looked at some galleries of people that use it and it looks great. I used Amazon Prime and will get it tomorrow. Can't go wrong at $47 and outstanding reviews! The software also divides multiple cards up at a time when you scan which is great. If I don't like it for some reason, I'll just return it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Any scanner is good. Mine is over 5 years old and it's been great.