Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This has been a problem of mine. I have over 30,000 cards. People ask for specific older items and i search for them. This takes a lot of time. I find the items and people dont want to pay anything for them..This hinders me from responding to other collectors when i know that i have what they are looking for. This comes back to the mentality i have noticed on this site. When its your card that people are after they want to offer very little. Suggesting ebay prices or what they assume are selling values. ok, then why havent you purchased the card already then? also i am not in this hobby so you can make money off me. I have already made the mistake of giving people really good deals only to see that person reselling items for profit. When i see a person is truly after an item for a pc collection i have no problem going out of my way. Its the random people that feel they are owed something on here that push me away from the hobby sometimes.

That hurts. Don't get me wrong if you're up front abour buying for resale and I can afford to take the hit because I landed the card cheaply, I'm totally game. The ones who tell you how they absolutely neeeeeeeeed that card for the PC but just can't quite pay that much "can you come down at all" only to turn around and profit off me are the worst. I want to hunt those people down and take their ears. I have no problem helping out a collector, but getting swindled by a flipper makes you question the hobby and I don't want to do that.

That's the worst part of selling here. Not only does everyone want a deal, they want that deal brought down another $10 because "You're not paying ebay fees". I'm certain it's only a matter of time until someone tries to buy a card off me for -$10 "because you're not paying fees"

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You can give me $10 and send me all the cards you like! :)
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You can give me $10 and send me all the cards you like! :)

I'm really waiting to open a PM and read "I'm not taking less than $40 to take your card. It's still a good deal for you because hey, no fees!"

BTW, Rich, you get down to PC yesterday? It was flippin' PACKED when I went down there. Other place was dead. I'm pretty sure we were the first customers he saw all day.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sure did! Was there for the trade night from 6-7 - had to leave because of the Rockets game. Ended up seeing Jay & Dean at Sturgeon Hall afterwards. Haha

Going in on Monday/Tuesday to pick up my hits from the group break - there was about 7 boxes of stuff: 12-13 SPGU, Panini Classics Signatures, I think a box of Zenith, hope I did all right!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I posted this very thing a couple of months ago.

Get 2 identical cards. One is for sale for $5.00 the other for $15.00. The 2nd seller thinks that his card is worth more because it's his. This happens with 75% of all sellers on eBay and about 50% of all sellers on SCF.

I was raised in a generation where if you acted like the sun shines out of your own back passage, somebody would punch you in the nose and bring you back to reality.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Sure did! Was there for the trade night from 6-7 - had to leave because of the Rockets game. Ended up seeing Jay & Dean at Sturgeon Hall afterwards. Haha

Going in on Monday/Tuesday to pick up my hits from the group break - there was about 7 boxes of stuff: 12-13 SPGU, Panini Classics Signatures, I think a box of Zenith, hope I did all right!

I have to head down today and buy some one touches. I don't have anything to put my SPGU Jonathan Quick Game 6 net card. That thing is massive.

I have to ask about the trade nights too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't really buy base cards on here (excluding 10 2010 Dominion bases for $2 each recently). I end up getting all my base cards from sportlots usually, works out to an avg of 26-30 cents per card assuming I use a small group of shippers. Always buy base sets in full eBay though UD Series 1/2 are the only full base sets I get.

I never understood why for common bases like that, people don't just use eBay to buy the whole set together rather than going through multiple boxes unless they feel trying to get the hits is worth it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't really buy base cards on here (excluding 10 2010 Dominion bases for $2 each recently). I end up getting all my base cards from sportlots usually, works out to an avg of 26-30 cents per card assuming I use a small group of shippers. Always buy base sets in full eBay though UD Series 1/2 are the only full base sets I get.

I never understood why for common bases like that, people don't just use eBay to buy the whole set together rather than going through multiple boxes unless they feel trying to get the hits is worth it.

I don't get buying a set instead of putting it together. I mean, where's the fun in that? Diff'rent strokes.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Putting a set together, especially a tough set, one card at a time, is definitely putting in the Hard Yards.

I would never to this again. I put together the 99-00 SPA set complete with all subsets, and all SOTT cards. It cost me about $2,500.00 to do this, and now all of it is worth less than 20% of the total as new, as the Rookies all Bombed except Rafalski.

I was able to sell all the autos for a decent return, but because every one of those Rookies is almost gone now I took a bath on the Stefan, Hecht, Kraft, etc.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-11-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456