Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prior35's Items on eBay

New Luongo Additions Pre 05-06 (Scans) !!!!! 3 WHALES

Figured it was time to show off some of the new Luongo mail I have. I was a pure player collector until 05-06, but going to Toronto for Chiropractic school in 2005 put me on hold for collecting for 4 years. After that there was no way of keeping up, given his increase in cards. But I decided to try and get 100% up to 05-06, and I still buy his newer stuff, but only the nicer pieces (scans for another day).

The past few pieces bring me up to 896/940, for a total of 95.3% completion. Below are the new additions. I have scanned my entire pre 06 Luongo collection in previous posts if someone wants to have a look, and if I get time I will scan some of the nicer post 06 cards I have gotten.

Actually acquired 7 items from one transaction, as a fellow Luongo collector decided to give up. Got to love those finds!!

1) 01-02 Crown Royale Blue /89........ Nothing fancy, yet it has taken me almost 10 years to find one

2) 01-02 OPC Heritage Parallel LTD /50...... All player collectors know how hard these are to find, and I was lucky to get both the opc and topps in the same deal

3) 01-02 Topps Heritage Parallel LTD /50....... As above

4) 01-02 SP Authentic SOTT SP...... This card was my most desired card, as I have never seen one in 11 years of its release, and I even was told once that it was not produced

5) 01-02 Parkhurst Teammates Luongo/Bure/Kozlov /30....... Being out of only 30 copies and 11 years old always makes a card hard to find

6) 01-02 BAP Signature Series Emblem /10...... Was on ebay years ago and the seller wanted $200, which I thought was too much. The Luongo collector I spoke of above bought it and I was lucky to get it from him, as was the same case with the numbers card below

7) 01-02 BAP Signature Series In The Numbers /10........ Same story as the emblem

8) 02-03 Between The Pipes Behind The Mask /30...... Was lucky enough to get it on ebay a few weeks ago for a great price

9) 02-03 Between The Pipes Inspirations w/Roy /40..... Same as above

10) 05-06 Black Diamond Dual Jersey /25....... Another ebay buy. I can spend 6 months not getting a card I need, yet got these 3 in the same week!!!

Was so happy to knock these off the list and also have 2 more sweet cards incoming

03-04 BAP Mem Jersey Auto /10

05-06 SPx Luongo/Bouwmeester Jersey Spectrum /10 (Great story behind this one, for another day)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Bee-yoo-ti-ful haul there sir!! Every win he gets this year gives me hope he doesn't get traded to some team I couldn't less about or worse yet, hate (TML)................

That BTP Inspirations is just fantastic, and the Signature Series Emblem. A couple reasons I'll never be a player collector hahahaaaa.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. I wish I could have kept up with him after he got traded to Vancouver, but his increased popularity and having to take a break for a while really made it impossible. I think I may display some of the newer high-ends this weekend. Scanning and displaying is a lot of work. Just adding the 10 cards to my website took me 90 mins

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

90 minutes is NUTSO!! I'm having my own fun with PhotoBucket right now, about to strangle the cat......

You'd be amazed at how much the rest of the people out there don't appreciate Louie, I missed out on a History of Hockey buyback on eBay, 01/02 something or other, it went for 8 bucks and change..........maybe you won it??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wasn't me!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

Stupendous pick-ups! It's always satisfying to land a card that has eluded you for years. And congrats on the +95% completion, too.