Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting and the draft...

Collecting and the draft...

Well I'm just reading the Sporting News Draft issue and have already figured out one of the rookies I'm going to be trying to focus on, regardless of which team they end up on.
    Jay Cutler, as going by what I've read about him, he's the one I get the best feeling off of.

How about you? Anyone you gonna collect regardless? Or just those that end up on your favorite team? The #1 overall pick? Just those that come from the college/university you prefer?

I find myself curoius...also this in advance can help people scout the competition and make notes for when we pull rookies we don't want.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Whoever the Vikings draft will be who I collect, as long as it aint like an offensive lineman or something. Im figuring the Vikings take Chad Jackson at WR, or Deangelo Williams / Laurence Maroney (hometown favorite), any of those picks make me happy, so Id be glad to collect any.

I'm with Vikingfan. I'll collect any player the Vikings get and maybe they'll make some kind of move to get Cutler. There's been some talk here about him. If I get any of the bigger names I'll use them as trade bait.

just gonna try and shoot for a money card or 2. Not collecting anyone specific nor any set building this year coming. Probably gonna get outta the hobby altogether. Then again, I could change my mind at anytime and try to build a set or something. I`ll see how I like 06 Prestige. If I like it any I may get a few more boxes of it, otherwise I think a needed break from the hobby is definitely in store for me. Until I sell off my final card, I`ll still be doing eBay selling and hopefully NOT buying.

Bears players & whatever Notre Dame guys are drafted. Though Jay Cutler is intrigueing.

I probably will collect Steelers, then after I watch some football, I will pick a player who has a fair amount of cards, with serious upside potential, and relatively cheap cards, like this year I began collection Patrick Crayton on Halloween and I have picked up over 60% of his rookie cards.

Any Players that the Bengals draft regardless of position, as long as they have cards available.

Any BYU players that are drafted are ones that I will look for. Also Vince Young even though he won't go #1 in the draft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast