Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Commish I wish I could get as hyped as you are but I'm just not feeling it yet.Perhaps when I get there but with the heart attack and death of my dog I'm not as happy as I usually am.

We just aren't getting any younger Steve! I am getting a nice little care package put together for you since I had to cancel. I have some ideas for it that I think you'll really like! I am sorry for the loss of your dog. We lost a cat of ours a couple years back that had been with us for 17 years & it is hard on everyone. My wife still calls one of the others by her name to this day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

"Hey look! A LoQtus sighting!!"

It's getting close enough that I'm contemplating my priorities to find at the Nat. Figure the cheap vintage will be plentiful, so have to prioritize my 1959s, then buck-a-shot minty 1960 singles, or mediocre '70 and '72 set hits. After that it's a quest to eliminate the last few inserts from Topps flagship from the past couple years. And as always, finding oddball additions to my 50+ player collections.

Hopefully won't blow the budget before we get there, but since Commish has plans to hit a half dozen other shops in the preceding days, I'll just have to have some self-discipline. Unlike last year

YazFan ~ I'll keep an eye on the Junior Yastrzemski now that he's in the Oriole organization. If he comes thru the Frederick Keys, you can count on cards, pocket skeds, and maybe an in-person auto if I can fight the crowd.

Spuds ~ Nice (finally) talking to you the other night. Just PM'ed my Archive football list. Looking forward to round table discussions. Already have a few topics in mind....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    He's alive!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!! Call off the search hounds loqtus has been found. Anyways just 33 days remain so loqtus are ya going to post more now.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never been to national before but am going this year. What should I expect? Lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Well like Spuds1961 you can expect a lot to see & do.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

YazFan ~ I'll keep an eye on the Junior Yastrzemski now that he's in the Oriole organization. If he comes thru the Frederick Keys, you can count on cards, pocket skeds, and maybe an in-person auto if I can fight the crowd.

I appreciate that...As of yet, I haven't even heard if he's signed a contract. I can't wait for you guys to stop by before the Nat, it will be nice to finally meet up!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

I have a question for you Nat veterans. Is it possible to find some decent (i.e no paper loss, not trimmed, no writing) '33 Goudey for reasonably cheap prices? I made a trade a couple weeks ago for a '33 Goudey Heine Manush RC, and no I am hooked on the set. I've been looking on ebay for the past week of so in an attempt to add some more HOF rc's, and see a lot of them in poor to good condition ranging in price from @ $25 to $100, depending on the player. I'm just wondering if the prices would be better at a huge show like the Nat. I'd consider sending someone $20 to do some shopping for me.

Just figured I'd pick your brains. Thanks!

Brad

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    BBonds25 I've sent ya a PM hopefully we can do what I mentioned it so let me know. Anyways with 32 days til the show & my cellphone is already getting slammed with rumors of trade deadline talks shoot we haven't had the All-Star game yeash!!!!!! Well time for me to head to LCS see if I can find some Pro-Mold PC18II for anything I pick up in GUed at the Nat. So til next time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

I'll be happy to help you out too. I tend to shop a little more at those kind of dealers with the really old vintage that aren't imprisoned in plastic cases forever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Hey Commish, are you going to have the access to the Eric Davis signing at the National ? I think he is a free VIP signer or something. I am looking to get him on a ball to add to my Reds collection and was wanting to see if its possible how much you'd charge me to get a ball signed for me ( I have a ball I would ship out immediately so there's no timing problems). Thanks!

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast