Thread: Grading experiences

Grading experiences

I was thinking of getting some high end cards graded to preserve condition. Has anyone ever had any bad experiences when sending your cards in for grading? I mean as far as not getting a high priced card back from the grading service. Also is there a "while you wait" grading service or are they all mail order services. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Allgood (eBay Store)
    I know Beckett does on-site grading at some shows. I couldn't tell you what shows but I know they do some. Ask some people from your area that have been to some big shows and I'm sure they could tell you if they've seen on-site grading there or not.

On site grading happens at a majority of the Tri-star shows, along with many other shows of that size and larger. Other than that, all grading has to go through the mail. You are pretty well protected in terms of getting your cards long as you copy your invoice you should be safe. I have never heard of someone just not getting a card back, but I suppose it could happen. Also, you are required to send registered mail and they do the same when sending back, so you are safe on that front too.
    My only advice is to get a loupe to inspect your cards closer before sending them in for grading. You could easily end up paying $100+ and end up getting no 9.5s because you didn't check them out close enough yourself. Good luck with it though!