Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Actually, your liberal utopia of CA is just about the poorest state in the nation in terms of unemployment and hey its almost last in education as well despite spending the most.

CA is a liberal utopia?
    Wasn't Arnold their Governor?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

you know not to bring common sense into this. if someone who is not a heterosexual white male is murdered, they were murdered for not being a heterosexual white male.

I know. Sometimes I don't know what I am thinking LOL

CA is a liberal utopia?
    Wasn't Arnold their Governor?

So because a Republican, who is more famous for being the Terminator and marrying Maria Shriver than for being a Republican, is elected then that nullifies any claim that Cali is a liberal utopia? Not hardly. With the stiffest gun laws, arguably highest population of homosexuals, loose marijuana laws that pretty much legalize it, and total lack of ability to manage a fiscal budget, they are clearly a far left liberal state.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So because a Republican, who is more famous for being the Terminator and marrying Maria Shriver than for being a Republican, is elected then that nullifies any claim that Cali is a liberal utopia? Not hardly. With the stiffest gun laws, arguably highest population of homosexuals, loose marijuana laws that pretty much legalize it, and total lack of ability to manage a fiscal budget, they are clearly a far left liberal state.

Uh, yeah. There's a huge difference between "farther left than the rest of the US" and "liberal utopia". Seriously, if you think any state in the US even has the potential for a liberal utopia, you're way off for two reasons. One, liberals in the US are still conservatives most places in the developed world. Canada is more a liberal utopia than California. The second reason is that a liberal utopia is completely impossible. Liberals can't get along with each other for long enough to create a utopia.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Uh, yeah. There's a huge difference between "farther left than the rest of the US" and "liberal utopia". Seriously, if you think any state in the US even has the potential for a liberal utopia, you're way off for two reasons. One, liberals in the US are still conservatives most places in the developed world. Canada is more a liberal utopia than California. The second reason is that a liberal utopia is completely impossible. Liberals can't get along with each other for long enough to create a utopia.

OK, ya got me there, but if a state in the US was going to be the Mecca for liberals, Cali would be it. Sorry but Canada won't be anybody's utopia until you guys get some global warming going on up there.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

OK, ya got me there, but if a state in the US was going to be the Mecca for liberals, Cali would be it. Sorry but Canada won't be anybody's utopia until you guys get some global warming going on up there.

We're plenty warm. For example, I haven't seen snow since early February.
    You're right Cali is the closest you'll get, but Canada (weather aside), Britain, France...well, Europe really, are more liberal utopias than any US state ever could hope to be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why does it have to be a liberal or conservative eutopia when both sides have a lot of stuff going on with them? For example so called liberals are generally against the 2nd amendment while the conservatives are against the 1st amendment except when it benefits them. I can't speak for any of those camps but I like all of my constutional rights and do not want to lose any of them.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-07-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does it have to be a liberal or conservative eutopia when both sides have a lot of stuff going on with them? For example so called liberals are generally against the 2nd amendment while the conservatives are against the 1st amendment except when it benefits them. I can't speak for any of those camps but I like all of my constutional rights and do not want to lose any of them.

I've seen way more liberals against the 1st amendment lately. Probably more than conservatives. You are right that it was like this before but now I think that is changing.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I've seen way more liberals against the 1st amendment lately. Probably more than conservatives. You are right that it was like this before but now I think that is changing.

Hmm interesting. You got any links?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hmm interesting. You got any links?

Sure...

Go all the way back to 1992 when the streets around the Democratic National Convention were declared "secure zones" where protesting and public speaking could not be conducted. Instead, anyone wishing to protest or speak out has to sign up for a one hour turn in the designated speaking area. This is the first occurrence of a "free speech zone" in America where freedom of speech was limited to a certain area and a certain amount of time.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2000-06-23/p...PM:ALLPOLITICS

The 2004 Democratic National Convention featured a "free speech cage", not even an area anymore. You had to literally allow yourself to be caged up to use your right to free speech.
    "With the exception of a handful of permitted marches and rallies, people who want to demonstrate their views during the DNC have been told they are free to do so, but only from the discomfort of a so-called free speech zone...The area the authorities have designated as the official protest area is enclosed by a maze of overhead netting, razor wire and chain link fence."

Here is a nice pic of the DNC free speech zone

Note that this "free speech zone" set up by the Democrats was very far away from the DNC. Free speech was not permitted anywhere near the politicians.
    http://www.democracynow.org/2004/7/2...s_sue_over_dnc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12