Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It IS a valid comparison.

BTW, LOL that you throw religion as a valid protected group but your implication is that gays should not be one.

It's funny how you talk about religious persecution (which in America is mostly towards any non-Christian religion) but you don't talk about the horrible gay persecution by......RELIGION!

Funny how that is, huh?

Have you forgotten that gays are killed in this country solely based on their sexual orientation?

Or that many gay kids commit suicide as a result of constant bullying by others solely based on their sexual orientation?

You might want to remember these things in the future.

You can think it is the same all you want. I simply refuse to give credence to the idea that gays being denied service at a business is on the same level. Perhaps you might want to actually put a little effort into learning the history of black slaves and how they were treated. If gays were suffering 1% of the persecution and treatment that slaves suffered then that would be the end of the gay rights movement.

As for your assumption that my point about religious persecution applies only to Christians and only to American Christians, again, try a little history lesson before making your assumptions. The "persecution" suffered by ANY religious group in America is a pathetic piddly mistreatment compared to what has been done to other groups all over the world.

Legally, in the U.S. you can. People have sued to do so and won.

If I have to sue to get a good or service, then I have been denied that service. So I don't get your point. If a man has to sue to get admitted to a women's only business, or vice versa, then that is discrimination. And since these types of businesses are everywhere and denying service to those who don't fit their criteria, then yes it happens a lot. The difference is that the media doesn't cover those stories because they don't get attention or increase ratings.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If I have to sue to get a good or service, then I have been denied that service. So I don't get your point. If a man has to sue to get admitted to a women's only business, or vice versa, then that is discrimination. And since these types of businesses are everywhere and denying service to those who don't fit their criteria, then yes it happens a lot. The difference is that the media doesn't cover those stories because they don't get attention or increase ratings.

Hear, hear!
    No one wants to hear about the times a white male is discriminated against, so it must not happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

If I have to sue to get a good or service, then I have been denied that service. So I don't get your point. If a man has to sue to get admitted to a women's only business, or vice versa, then that is discrimination.

Right, a man is discrimated against. He sues and wins. Then YOU don't get discriminated against and YOU get to buy the good or service because that person before YOU sued to open the door for you. If YOU are the first person who has to sue than yes, you have been discriminated against. In Wick's example of the female only gym, men -years ago- have already sued to be allowed to join the gym, thus, HE would not be discriminated against.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Actually all it does is set legal precedence. It does not guarantee that I will be accepted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

I suppose that's so... but they know they could be sued and lose.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What I'm doing here is showing frustration at gay rights activists treating bullying as a strictly gay issue. Someone coming in and claiming no one is discriminated against and denied goods or services for any reason other than sexual orientation is beyond ridiculous. I'm reponding to that.

And yet you can't show any hard proof that gay rights activists are treating bullying as a strictly gay issue.

Show me a reputable link that this is happening all over the gay rights people, and then I'll be able to better understand your point of view.

The only nonsense is asking for HARD!!!!!111OMGLOLZERS!!!111 proof of something I've noticed in my day to day life.

I guess that's a no then.

I on the other hand CAN show proof that gay rights activists DON'T treat bullying only for their cause:

"According to the gay bullying statistics from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community, about one fourth of all students from elementary age through high school are the victims of bullying and harassment while on school property because of their race, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion or sexual orientation. Unfortunately the primary reason for bullying is due to something that may set themselves apart from the norm, and that includes sexual orientation. "

^PLEASE notice that the LGBT Community isn't just counting on bullying based on sexual orientation, but other types, including race, ethnicity, gender, disability, and religion.

http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/gay-bullying-statistics.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can think it is the same all you want. I simply refuse to give credence to the idea that gays being denied service at a business is on the same level.

No.

You just don't see gays being blatantly discriminated and thus it doesn't bother you.

And the fact that ANY gay person should be denied a service solely based on their sexual orientation is not only a terrible crime, but a good comparison to how blacks were denied service solely based on their color.

If you can't see this easy comparison than I suggest you pay better attention.

Perhaps you might want to actually put a little effort into learning the history of black slaves and how they were treated. If gays were suffering 1% of the persecution and treatment that slaves suffered then that would be the end of the gay rights movement.

Wow, you're such a merciful guy.

If only gays were being mistreated even more than they are.....THEN that would be the end.

Right now they only get mistreated to a low level (according to YOUR standards) it doesn't bother you (clearly) that people ARE being discriminated by being denied service and being denied their RIGHTS to marry and all the benefits that come along with that.

As for your assumption that my point about religious persecution applies only to Christians and only to American Christians, again, try a little history lesson before making your assumptions. The "persecution" suffered by ANY religious group in America is a pathetic piddly mistreatment compared to what has been done to other groups all over the world.

I'm more than confident in my knowledge of History, my assumption is based on the fact that I was only talking about America...and within the past half century, why would I assume that you broaden my comment to include the whole world and a longer range in history?

Regardless, it doesn't change the irony that you talk about religious persecution, and here I'm talking about gays and their struggles....but you clearly forgot the BIGGEST reason why gays are forced to go through this terrible struggle.....Religion and their stupidity, nonsense, and it's bigotry.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'll get you hard proof of what I've experienced throughout my life when that technology exists. Until then, you go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

Good job. You proved personal past experience can't be proven over the internet. Bravo!
    What's be t proving water wet and fire hot?

SCF Rewards
    Country

^Oh, but when I use the examples I use against christianity and my 15 freaking years of experiencing just how that religion really is....that doesn't count, right?

I'm generalizing, I don't understand, I had a bad experience, I don't get this, I don't get that.....those are the excuses you and the rest of the people on here keep using on me when I share my experiences.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The black women's hair salon down the street won't cut my hair, they told me I should go some where else they don't do my type of hair, they said the same thing to one of my coworkers.

Why would you as a straight man want to go to a woman's hair salon to get your hair cut? If you want women to cut your hair may i suggest sportscuts? Also most women's hair salons do not serve men of any race. It is a place for women to call their own. I remember a few years ago my mama was about to get her hair done and I asked could I tag along and get my hair cut. She told me her stylist and is only trained to do women's hair. I just left it alone. I believe in equality but there are some things that I'm ok with ladies having all to themselves.

Also getting your hair done/cut is an act of grooming to keep up your personal apperance. Why would anyone want to go to a spot that does not specialize in their type of hair? Listen I don't have a problem with white women but I would never consider going to a white women's beauty salon to get my hair cut. Why because that is not their specality.

Finally on a side note with what little bit of hair I have left I use my electric razor and cut it off then use magic shave to make my head bald. Also magic shave works on all men or women for that matter regardless of race.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-11-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast