Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

^Oh, but when I use the examples I use against christianity and my 15 freaking years of experiencing just how that religion really is....that doesn't count, right?

Not that it doesn't count, but you're comparing apples and oranges here.
    You see, you don't comment as if you're basing on experience whatsoever. You post as if EVERY Christian is exactly the same and you post as if EVERY Chritisian does EVERYITHING you say they do ALL the time. That's wrong and it's also not comparable to what I'm saying.

I'm saying that many in the gay community have decided bullying is theirs and only theirs. What tells me these people exist is the simple fact that if any type of discrimination happens other than gay, everyone talks about right and freedoms and decency.
    When discrimination happens against gays, someone turns it into bullying and suicide EVERY time. It never fails. This isn't to say all gays think they own the bad end of bullying, many act like it.

That's the diference, I fully admit many gays don't do this. You've never admitted any difference between Christian sects, let alone people.

If you still don't get it, I can't help you.

I'm generalizing, I don't understand, I had a bad experience, I don't get this, I don't get that.....those are the excuses you and the rest of the people on here keep using on me when I share my experiences.

Maybe the others, not me. I'm also not talking about my experiences that involve me, like you being in a religion as a youth. I'm talking about what I see in the news, read in the paper, hear on the street.
    I'm not bashing gays, there are just many of them who annoy me by trying to make bullying a gay issue and ignoring everyone else who gets bullied.

You bash religion. Flat out. And you usually admit it too.

And you can't see the difference there?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not that it doesn't count, but you're comparing apples and oranges here.

No I'm not.

You're saying that you don't need nor can't show proof of the things you believe to be correct based on gays and bullying....this is based on your personal experience.

I do the same thing in respect to christianity and their beliefs.

You see, you don't comment as if you're basing on experience whatsoever. You post as if EVERY Christian is exactly the same and you post as if EVERY Chritisian does EVERYITHING you say they do ALL the time. That's wrong and it's also not comparable to what I'm saying.

On many occasions I make a habit to do this:

SOME Christians....

MANY Christians....

Several Christians...

If I wanted to imply or just say ALL christians, then I would.

From now on, read my comments carefully and you'll see that I use these phrases.

I'm saying that many in the gay community have decided bullying is theirs and only theirs.

That's NOT what you said the first time:

It really bugs me when people use bullying to push gay rights. I'm all for gay rights, but don't pretend yours is the only reason kids get bullied. Don't pretend yours are the only ones who commit suicide because of it.

Basically, I notice that the gays have tried to make the issue of bullying theirs and solely theirs. That is just wrong and will NEVER be right.

^The implication here is that the entire gay community has made bullying theirs....you didn't say "Some", "Many", "Several" or any other word to make a distinction from the implication being "All".

Hmm.....kinda like what you're accusing me and what I do with christianity, correct?

That's the diference, I fully admit many gays don't do this. You've never admitted any difference between Christian sects, let alone people.

If you still don't get it, I can't help you.

I know very well that christianity has many different sects or denominations....

It's still the same religion...if anything these sects only further prove how flawed, convoluted, and utterly disorganized the religion really is.

The term "Christian" means follower of Christ. And they are all practicing that. Except they all interpret the bible in a million different ways and thus they all have their own churches.

Fine.

I do know this, I do acknowledge it, and to show that I can compromise and change when someone points it out.....from now on I'll try to incorporate which specific Christian denomination I am talking about.

I'll make sure to not make implications on ALL christians and give credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately, there rarely is any credit to be given, there isn't enough "moderate christians" that speak out against the fanaticism and extreme parts of Christianity.

You bash religion. Flat out. And you usually admit it too.

Yes, I do admit it.

Religion is detrimental to society and most of the time it doesn't deserve the respect it is automatically granted by many.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-11-2013 at 05:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Religion is detrimental to society

alex, If you would, I would like this explained a bit more in detail.

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex, If you would, I would like this explained a bit more in detail.

Very well.

Religion is dogmatic in nature, and because of that it refuses to change it's ways, despite the fact that societies evolve.

Consider what religions do...

>It incites violence (this is on a country to country level) (of course I don't need to show what the Islamic countries do)

>Incites Hate (Such as hating gay people, and yes I know this is not every religious person that feels this way, but people that DO hate gays use religion as their reasoning)

>It hinders Science (trying to impose creationism as science, denying stem cell research, denying climate change, denying evolution, denying other legitimate science that is not in accordance to the beliefs of said religion)

>It stops personal responsibility (Some people say they do the things they do because god tells them) (For example God told Bush to invade Iraq)

Source about Bush and God: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

>Imposes threats to the masses (Threats of hell, threats of god's judgement)

>Creates division (Even within the same religion, as the example of different christian denominations)

There are more, but I feel these are the bigger ones.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you know there are different denominations, why do you continually sell the belief of one as the belief of all?

That's pretty bad if you're knowingly lying.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you know there are different denominations, why do you continually sell the belief of one as the belief of all?

That's pretty bad if you're knowingly lying.

Because they are all under the same umbrella.....the belief of god, Jesus, and the bible.

Their differences lie in the way they interpret the bible.

If I say that Christianity is dogmatic, this goes for all.

If I say Christianity is discriminatory towards homosexuals....then on this one I have to say SOME sects of christianity discriminate against gays.

But Wickabee, you are using the wide beliefs of christianity and their sects as a way to shield them from legitimate arguments.

Christianity as a whole is anti-homosexuality, it's all over the bible, even if a few christians don't subscribe to that idea the majority do.

It's like saying, the GOP as a whole is conservative, it's all over their platforms.....even if a few GOP members are not conservative, the majority are.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, you place beliefs of one or a few denominations, like sex for any purpose but procreation being a sin, and you put it on all Christians. That's wrong. It's a lie and I think you know it.
    I just don't think you care because the lie fits your skewed and narrow version of the world.

In short, you're a liar and you hold zero credibility because of it. I've never shielded from legitimate arguments. You've never made one. Your arguments are fed to you by atheist organizations bent on ramming their beliefs down peoples throats. Yes, that is what you do. It's not fighting fire with fire, it's just plain pathetic.

Read a book, learn something and come back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, you place beliefs of one or a few denominations, like sex for any purpose but procreation being a sin, and you put it on all Christians. That's wrong. It's a lie and I think you know it.

I was basing that based on the bible....not any specific denomination.

Furthermore, I was asking questions....is it immoral to do this and that?

If not, why does the bible say this and that?

How do you come to grips with the contradiction?

That's what I was doing....and again I DO say SOME, MANY, or SEVERAL as a way to try to not generalize the whole religion, you're the one lying here.

I just don't think you care because the lie fits your skewed and narrow version of the world.

I don't have any such views.

I do however know just how bad religion is and what it does to people and how those people then go on to influence millions.

Bill O'Reilly is an excellent example of a simple minded person who's religion has altered the way he perceives things and then he uses this to influence his millions of viewers on a daily basis.

That's why I attack him relentlessly, because he does great harm.

I'm a nobody, I can only post arguments online or to the people I interact with, I'm about as dangerous a child in this regard.

In short, you're a liar and you hold zero credibility because of it. I've never shielded from legitimate arguments. You've never made one. Your arguments are fed to you by atheist organizations bent on ramming their beliefs down peoples throats. Yes, that is what you do. It's not fighting fire with fire, it's just plain pathetic.

Lol, as if the credibility of an anonymous person online holds any weight to begin with....

That's why I try to do my research and make sure I post links to back up what I'm saying.

My word around here or anywhere else on the internet shouldn't have any credibility, you have no idea who I really am.

For all you know, I could in fact have lied about every single thing I've ever said here....

That's why evidence, logic, reason, and good arguments are so important.

But whatever, I could tell, you are indeed bothered by my recent comments, I'm sorry if I did say something to directly make you feel this way, that is not my intent.

Although, I personally believe this is just a result of talking about the two most polarizing topics humans can discuss Politics and religion, this was bound to happen.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Whatever man. Until you catch up on high school history, you're just not worth it. You're working onideas that should hhave been corrected years ago.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, thanks for the reply, the issue I have is that you to be putting all religions under one, the same thing is done to promote racism and sexism

Religion is dogmatic in nature, and because of that it refuses to change it's ways, despite the fact that societies evolve.

some religions teach everything is in constant change including your personality

>Incites Hate (Such as hating gay people, and yes I know this is not every religious person that feels this way, but people that DO hate gays use religion as their reasoning)

and people use all sorts of excuses to promote hate, the KKK would come to mind

It hinders Science (trying to impose creationism as science, denying stem cell research, denying climate change, denying evolution, denying other legitimate science that is not in accordance to the beliefs of said religion)

actually some of the first scientists were monks and some forms of religion see science as a way to understand our nature.

It stops personal responsibility (Some people say they do the things they do because god tells them) (For example God told Bush to invade Iraq)

most revolve around personal responsibility, what you are failing to see is people try to legitimize their hate and stupidity by blaming it on something else, and what better thing to blame than a voiceless god?

Imposes threats to the masses (Threats of hell, threats of god's judgement)

Mahayana Buddhism teaching to help end the suffering of the self and others through hardwork. also the Catholic charity would come to mind as well as many other religion based orgs that have been helping before such things as welfare.

Creates division (Even within the same religion, as the example of different christian denominations)

atheism creates a division based on facts they do not have, but the reality is everything creates division, even evolution.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast