Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

and the easy way out is the easy way out "oh it is better than it was", who cares it is still not equality.

and I believe MLKJ would be more concerned over why 60% of those incarcerated are black than gay marriage.

but lets just leave all these blacks in the prison system, no big deal, at least they have it better than they did in the 1800's!!!

starting to??!!!!

Okay Jay. We can all play that game. Screw gay marriage rights, minority rights and equal pay for women. Children are starving on a daily basis in both your country and mine. I want that addressed first and foremost and the rest of the whiners can wait for their turn.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I am all for that, children are more important than adults

after that one, lets figure out why the prisons have 60% black population

then equal pay for women and minorities

then government spending

then gay marriage

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

then government spending

then gay marriage

So you genuinely believe we should only look at one thing at a time?
    Everyone else should just wait their turn?

How long is that wait, Jay?

SCF Rewards
    Country

don't know

but considering we still don't have equality for minorities and women and it has been a long time, I would say maybe fix one problem before you go to the next, because we have proven we cannot fix multiple things at once.

as thomas paine wrote,“The collective good of “the people” mattered more than the private rights and interests of individuals”.

and george washington gave us some good advice, “The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible.”

it is the simple idea of priorities, but i do understand people have different priorities

I just find it a shame that with the gender and racial issues that still exist, we have turned the majority of our attention to gay rights, abortion, and marijuana

come one, 60% of the prison population is black!!! this needs to addressed now!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Gays are a minority, Jay. And the topics currently being spoken of here are not necessarily the top priorities of your nation.

Funny thing is, you'll abandon this argument as soon as economic issues come up. Really funny thing is the marijuana legislation you speak of could save tons of money in policing and jailing and make tons of money by taxing it, but you'd rather cut entitlements to the poor without thinking of the ramifications that more will turn to crime, policing and jailing costs will go up and the war on drugs will lose even more ground than it already has.

But hey, you've got priorities!
    Last edited by Wickabee; 03-19-2013 at 11:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so fixing fraud is the same as cutting welfare?

and I am sure legalizing dope will clear up the issue of blacks being incarcerated

Funny thing is, you'll abandon this argument as soon as economic issues come up.

yep, that is why it is fourth on my list

and again, when is the last time the supreme court, the dems, the tea party, or repubs take this amount of time for the starving, homeless, mentally ill, pay equality, or prison population?

no big deal, you guys worry about gays being married (which by the way they can have hospital visitation rights and health rights of their partners without marriage) and dope rights, I'll just worry about the rest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

then government spending

then gay marriage

I don't get the listing of issues. Multiple things can and are worked on at the same time. Just like most people's jobs where they are required to keep multiple projects going all at the same time. Listing of what you find more important really has no bearing on the actual debate of same sex marriage. Obviously there are more dire topics to iron out before the same sex marriage debate, but that really doesn't mean that it's not a valid issue to discuss at present time.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

then government spending

then gay marriage

Jay, watch this.

lyrics can be found here:
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/macklemore/samelove.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, our bests friends are gay, I have nothing against them or what they want, I have an issue with what is left broken, in the background, and forgotten

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, our bests friends are gay, I have nothing against them or what they want, I have an issue with what is left broken, in the background, and forgotten

So you missed the middle verse then...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast