Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I am conservative, but that does not mean I am with the rest of the people who say they are conservative. just like many who are labeled as Christians do not follow my beliefs in Christianity.

but I will admit, I sometimes do like to poke at the liberals

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am conservative, but that does not mean I am with the rest of the people who say they are conservative. just like many who are labeled as Christians do not follow my beliefs in Christianity.

but I will admit, I sometimes do like to poke at the liberals

What amazes me is changing your view so much when the only thing that actual changed in this conversation from last is the mention of "the Left". I mean really, add the word "left" to the title and you suddenly have so much more to say. Last time it was "legalize and tax it".

SCF Rewards
    Country

what amazes me is you don't research anything ever??? so you are full of all knowledge and never learn anything new?

after we talked about legalizing it, I actually took the time and effort to do some research and found it health benefits are horrific, just like I found out more people die from suicide than gun deaths.

and I also stated in this thread that it is hard to argue the tax revenue aspects of it.

it is called education, which can always increase and influence ideas.

instead of reading what people are saying, look at the facts, you may find your opinion changes.

so perhaps for you it is about one side versus the other or everything is cut and dry, i know I do not know everything and I am open to learning more.

this is why America is where it is at right now, people believe everything that is said and look into nothing for themselves. we waste are time and this junk while every 2 hours a child is diagnosed with cancer, and the rest of the stuff i complain about

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you're telling me I haven't researched the health risks and benefits of a drug I was offered legally by my doctor, you sir are insane.

My issue is with you story changing as much as it has.

SCF Rewards
    Country

to be honest I could care less what issue you have with my opinions.

my issue is I know what I don't agree with, but I also know that is my issue not everyone else's and I am open for positive change.

gay marriage = personally no reason for it, for people who want it, I have no reason to try and stop them
    marijuana = personally it is a bad thing, for people who want it, no issue as long as they are educated on the long/short term effects and the laws on it, and we have a clause to outlaw it based on future health care needs that derive from it.
    obamacare = right idea to improve health care, wrong approach
    budget = we need real spending cuts before any new revenue will help
    abortion = hate it, but I can see some reasons for it
    death penalty = needed but not used
    gun control = who, what, when, and where. I have yet seen anyone come up with any solutions about how to label who mentally ill and if this label will be for life. i have yet to see anyone confront the suicide rate, all I have heard is people crying about the 1% (which seems to be the new thing)
    tea party = great idea, bad attempt
    liberals = great social ideas, poor economics
    conservatives = good budgeting, bad social ideas
    welfare = needed but full of fraud

and the list can go on

but the neat thing is, people can find new evidence or get further educated on something and change their opinions slightly or completely, that would be called growth.

or as a wise man once stated

to change with change is the changeless state

or as written in the I-Ching
    "Change: That is the unchangeable"

kind of a neat idea, you can grow and learn until death, rather than be a static human being (not you)

and why we are on issues, my only issue with you is you can be very bitter to people and just keep poking at it for all you can get out of it.

otherwise I really enjoy the information you supply and the desire you make me have to research certain topics, I also enjoy most of your views on religion and I think you are a valuable member of this site.

again, if you don't like my opinions or the fact I can change my opinion, then don't read or respond to my posts (though I personally think this would be a shame)

and if you decide tomorrow or next year, that you are against the legalization of marijuana, then I will know you must have learned or experienced something new that changed your mind and maybe I will be lucky enough for you to share that with me.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If it does, you'll know it before it's attached to the left or the right. Long before.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

Left leaning tend to be more liberal and right leaning people tend to be more conservative. You are right, there are repubs that smoke the weed. More likely those who voted for the legalization are left leaning. Those conservatives must have high the time they voted.
    Why do you associate Pot Smoking with the left? Are you that dull? Tons of Republicans get high.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Left leaning tend to be more liberal and right leaning people tend to be more conservative. You are right, there are repubs that smoke the weed. More likely those who voted for the legalization are left leaning. Those conservatives must have high the time they voted.

So what you're trying to say is people who lean right are generally against personal freedoms and enjoy the government legislating everything. Got it...

SCF Rewards
    Country

people who lean right are for small government, people on the left large government, kind of a basic principle.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

people who lean right are for small government, people on the left large government, kind of a basic principle.

That's why I kind of don't understand the right's position on pot.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast