Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dbeis61's Items on eBay

Are you all blind or just don't have any taste? NOBODY sees how darn gorgeous the base cards is, the jerseycards are really nice (a huge improvement from Panini whose jerseycards has been ugly earlier), the jumbo cards are awesome, the board cards too, some of the painted stuff looks great. Visual, Limited is the best product this year by far. Panini has tried to make a beautiful product, but as usual they get punished, so they will skip that next time and try to please the moneygrabbers and treasure hunters, which seem to be 90% of collectors these days. Does anybody, I mean anybody, actually look at the cards? Seriously?

I don't get the disrespectful tone towards me over a difference of opinion. It seems petty of you.

In MY opinion, Limited took a big step back this year. It was one of my favorite products last year, and I lost a good deal of money in appreciating it, so your insinuation there is well off as well. I don't like the design of the cards, and I'm not the only one. You see, people have different tastes. I don't like it. Don't let that get in the way of you liking it. But I'm pretty much done dealing with Panini's redemptions, and aside from the Cup
    winners set, I think almost the entire product has taken a step backwards.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

When I say "you" I mean anybody, not a person. And I'm just very frustrated. Yes of course there's different tastes, and I'm actually not pointing at a specific product now, or company. But how many times do we hear "this product is crap cause the design is bad" or "the cards are ugly"? Instead we hear "it's such lousy value, it's crap". And in the other direction when people like a product we hear "wow real good value". Closest in mind if Leaf best of hockey now, which got one (in general opinion among many) very ugly card, and one buyback. On average a good value, and thus everyone likes it, but it's one hideous card and an old rebought card. How often do you hear "wow we love this product cause the design is great, or it's so beautiful"? It's all about value, period. And I start to wonder if it's not the collectors themselves who has helped ruining this hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People pay $100 for 2 nice base cards now a days?
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

There's not only 2 base cards. But regardless, how about paying $500 for two basecards no one wants, two no-name rookie patches and something else that usually is a big disappointment? It's easy to argue against most products these days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's not only 2 base cards. But regardless, how about paying $500 for two basecards no one wants, two no-name rookie patches and something else that usually is a big disappointment? It's easy to argue against most products these days.

Totally agree! Thats why I stopped busting everything except PC products like BTP

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

It's sad, I liked Limited last year. This year, it'll probably be the worst product released IMO. I was a HUGE Panini guy last year, but UD is running away with it this year with great releases in Artifacts and a vastly improved SPGU product. The number of redemptions in Limited is maddening, and I haven't even touched the product with a 10-foot pole. At least the MacInnis is decent.

Let us remember how terrible SPGU was last year. That might have been one of the worst products of ALL TIME with a lot of boxes not even having an auto and only filled with 6 jersey cards. UD was FORCED to lower the price for this product and even then, this product still isn't worth it IMO with their still being a lot of dud boxes.

Limited always boggles my mind why every year it is the product with the most redemptions. If this wasn't the case the product would be one of the nicer one's of the year.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

When I say "you" I mean anybody, not a person. And I'm just very frustrated. Yes of course there's different tastes, and I'm actually not pointing at a specific product now, or company. But how many times do we hear "this product is crap cause the design is bad" or "the cards are ugly"? Instead we hear "it's such lousy value, it's crap". And in the other direction when people like a product we hear "wow real good value". Closest in mind if Leaf best of hockey now, which got one (in general opinion among many) very ugly card, and one buyback. On average a good value, and thus everyone likes it, but it's one hideous card and an old rebought card. How often do you hear "wow we love this product cause the design is great, or it's so beautiful"? It's all about value, period. And I start to wonder if it's not the collectors themselves who has helped ruining this hobby.

I am actually a guy that busts wax of cards that look nice and design is the huge factor in what I bust. Value in busting wax as we all know is always a gamble and it's next to impossible to come out on top so I'd much rather bust a product with nice clean, on card autos, lots of refractors and parallels and an easy to complete base set just for fun. Also to add my two cents I think BOH has terrible value as well since there are a lot of boxes that have cards that aren't worth much. I think collectors are turned on by the fact you get a graded card but fail to realize that that doesn't always mean you hit a home run and yes I agree, God awful design with a lot of the sketch cards looking absolutely terrible.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Well that is true, this years Limited is as bad redemption wise as the first year. They're shooting themselves in the foot. It would be really nice without redemptions, and I'm glad to hear you don't like this year's spgu either, everybody seems to love it, and yes, it's a lot better, cheaper and seems to have more hits. The design isn't as ugly as last year but it's a whole lot 1970's style about it, and it's pretty general thought the 70's had hideous taste, and yet so many likes it. Which just confirms what I think, very few look at how good looking a card is, it's all about cost, value, resale, big hits. Either that, or very many collectors grew up during the 70's lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Well that is true, this years Limited is as bad redemption wise as the first year. They're shooting themselves in the foot. It would be really nice without redemptions, and I'm glad to hear you don't like this year's spgu either, everybody seems to love it, and yes, it's a lot better, cheaper and seems to have more hits. The design isn't as ugly as last year but it's a whole lot 1970's style about it, and it's pretty general thought the 70's had hideous taste, and yet so many likes it. Which just confirms what I think, very few look at how good looking a card is, it's all about cost, value, resale, big hits. Either that, or very many collectors grew up during the 70's lol

The hobby has wrongly or rightly turned to the value of the almighty dollar and no one really cares about how pretty a card is. SPGU is one of those products that's in the middle without anything special about it. Sure there are great cards to be had, but you can get the same kind of card in a tin of the CUP or any other high end product.. Does it make sense to spend a couple more hundred dollars and try your luck at that or stick to a box of SPGU???

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country

Well if you want better looking card, quality, and cards which holds their value... but sure, the cup last year just went overboard, if they're gonna continue to charge such prices I'll boycott them forever. Anyhow, the hobby has turned to value, but it doesn't make sense, cause the avergae box of whatever you pick will 95% of the time be less than the boxprice, or even a lot lot LOT less than the boxprice. So the hobby has turned into a lotteryticket jackpot jippo. May I ask, for those who have insight, has this happened to all other sports too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast