Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

When I was a young kid in the mid 90's, there was an amazing sports card shop, BJ's Sports Cards & More, in the center of my town. Whenever my mom had to run errands in the center, I would always tag along in hopes of stopping by BJ's.

I never opened boxes, just a few packs and $5 to spend in the dollar bin. I could look through the dollar bin for ten or fifteen minutes before my mom helped me decide which ones to buy and I made my purchase.

Well in 1997 there was an awesome product known as Playoff Absolute. I loved those cards. I had bought a few packs in previous trips, but we were in a hurry this particular time so I picked up 1 pack and the newest issue of Beckett Football and we were on our way. On the ride home I couldn't wait to open the pack so I quickly busted it open.

I took my time looking through each card because I always looked at the stats (I loved stats as a kid and it's something that carried over through today). Then I got to the last card in the pack and I noticed it looked really thick. I thought it was just a cool insert, but it was still weird how thick the card was (haha by today's standards, it's not even remotely thick. Funny how things change).

So I opened my fresh Beckett and flipped the pages and scanned and scanned until I found my new card. And I couldn't believe my eyes, it has a BV of $150! I used to get excited about having a $5 or $10 card but I never had anything like this. I was ecstatic. And it was all my favorite running backs! My mom thought I was seeing things so she pulled the card over and looked for herself and was amazed that indeed I was right. I had pulled a $150 BV card that had an pull ratio of 1:144 packs! And it was the second best card in the insert set.

We drove back to the store and the owner was so happy and excited for me and even gave me a screwdown to keep the card safe. I kept the card in there for over 12 years. Now it resides in my PC in a penny sleeve, toploader, and team bag and it's probably the card I take out and look at the most. It will always be my favorite card.

This story really got to me. I am really happy you shared it with us. I will remember this story. There were some great morals to it, I found. Thanks again for sharing!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

This story really got to me. I am really happy you shared it with us. I will remember this story. There were some great morals to it, I found. Thanks again for sharing!

You're so welcome! Thanks for the kind words! Gosh, I love this forum. So many awesome people!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234