Thread: Did Topps mess up?

Did Topps mess up?

I was looking through my 2005 turkey reds the other day and I realized something. I pulled out a willie parker base card, and it says rookie under the logo.

I thought to myself, he wasn't drafted this year, was he? Turns out he wasn't, and he played a game last season. So why did they mark the card as a rookie?

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    did he have a rookie made by any other card company? cause in this months beckett they were talking about topps making a rookie card for a guy who was a center for such and such team who's been in the NFL 13 years without a rookie. So they decided to make him one. Dont know if the same thing applies here or not but its a thought

He didnt have any printed by Topps so they call that a RC its the same way with the Gado in that set. I have a Parker Leaf R&S that is a true RC.

Its like what they did with lavar arrington (sp) He had no cards at all until resently when he signed with the players union thing so when they started makeing his cards they were all rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
    Its like what they did with lavar arrington (sp) He had no cards at all until resently when he signed with the players union thing so when they started makeing his cards they were all rookies.

Arrington is a really weird one because he has some pre-draft realese cards before he didnt sign with the players union.

Quote Originally Posted by DeWittFootball20
    Arrington is a really weird one because he has some pre-draft realese cards before he didnt sign with the players union.
    yes but none of those are considerd his rookie card because they were not supposed to be relised or there like the cards press pass puts out and don;t have any conection with with the nfl and are not considerd rookie cards becuase of it.

There's no such thing as a 'rookie card' in Press Pass & Sage as they havn't actually made it to the NFL yet. And the 1st base card of a player from each company is considered a RC, hence the 2004 RC's of Lavar Arrington.