Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

Help on IP Autographs (Turner and Tropicana Field)

I am going to Tropicana field and Turner field for games and am going to try to get some cards sign. Any advice?

For Tropicana, I have heard you need lower bowl seats to go get stuff signed, but most of what I have read says you can go down regardless of where your seats are. Which is true?

And Turner I assume you can get autos regardless of ticket location, am I right?

And any specific advice, or just as close to the dugout on the side closest to outfield?

Thanks for the help, I rarely get the chance to go so I would not like to waste it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See laurel3049's Items on eBay

At Tropicana, you can get down to the field from the time the gates open up til the National Anthem.

On most days, the Rays are finishing up BP right around the time the gates open, so you may have a chance at relievers and the day's bench players, usually guys like Rodney, Peralta, Rodriguez, Lobaton, Roberts are common.
    Visitors will take BP shortly after, so you may be able to get some guys at their dugout, but that's where the dealers hang out so it's some tough competition. I normally don't have much luck there. You can also try the 3rd base line wall.
    Rays and visitors' hitters normally come out 20 minutes before game time to stretch, and you can get some guys at the baseline walls. Zobrist, Joyce, Roberts, and Scott are common. Longoria on occasion.

Check my IP success thread for some more info.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thank you so much for the help.

I think I am going to try to hit the rays right as I enter the stadium, then once they leave BP go to the visitors side. They are playing the royals, who seem to be great signers. My plan was to do away, would I have much competition on the rays side?

During BP, do you mean on the home plate side of the dugout along the wall or the 3rd/1st base side, closer to the outfield wall?

And will Zobrist sign right as I get in? I have a sweet Gypsy queen black mini of him that I think would look great signed in silver, but I don't want to go on the rays side after because there will be a lot more competition

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm headed to Wednesday's game in Tampa--hoping to get some of the Sox but the way I read this, some Tampa guys sign before hand?

SCF Rewards
    Country

For the Rays, it depends on the game, or the attendance that is. For instance if the game is sold out, it can be difficult to get autographs, but if multiple guys sign, it isn't so bad. If the attendance is low, you can basically stand in the first row and get autographs with no difficulty. Also, if you are interested, David Price is having an autograph signing in South Tampa on Thursday at 12, I believe. But the Rays are a very good signing team overall, so getting a few of them should be manageable. The visiting teams depend on how many visiting fans show up and whether or not they are good signers. Both teams mostly sign along the wall closer to the outfield. And, Zobrist is a decent signer so you'll have a chance with him.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

From what I've seen, there are quite a lot of empty seats on ticketmaster, so that's good.

Thanks for telling me about the signing, I don't know if I will be able to make it there that early but if so I am certainly going to that.

Dsolzman, it looks like the best bet for you is to enter by 1st base, run down, get a few players as they leave, then go to the Sox side. I think it goes without saying, but the sox aren't the best with signing

BANNED

Country
    See sufi869's Items on eBay

I've never heard of them, sorry

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll do what I can after the Boggs signing!