Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: An Atheist meets god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, what do you or anyone else get or expect to get by discrediting any random aspect of religion you can think of?
    Athiests main complaint is about religion being forced on them but they talk 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more then any bible thumper Ive ever heard.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Consider the following indexed.

Atheists have been using this tactic (referred by many as "New Atheism") for about 10 years now.

10 years ago, I was a very devout christian.....I never EVER dreamed I would one day call myself an atheist.

4 years ago, I finally questioned my faith, and through a process of reasoning and using logical arguments I deconverted from Christianity.

Want to know how?

I listened to the other side, they didn't say "Convert to atheism, we have all the answers, our side is better!"....

No....they said quite the opposite "We're not here to convert you to atheism, we certainly don't have all the answers, our side is not about belief, it's about evidence, reason, and logic....take a second to hear out our arguments".

I watched hours upon hours of theological debates, I have heard most arguments that theists (especially christian theists) say, and none of them satisfy me, none of them answer any question, they dodge them and they claim things they can't possibly know.

The atheist position is actually the "Default position" (Look it up).

BTW, in those same 10 years, both atheism and people who say they participate in NO religion is growing at a massive rate in the U.S.

*Footnotes* When I deconverted from christianity I still believed in god, I just wanted no part of religion, I didn't become a full atheist until about 2 years ago, when I finally conceded that as long as there is no evidence, there is also no good reason to believe in god....However, I can freely say that I don't know if god does exists or not, I am simply taking a "default position".

When I say that atheism and non-religious people are on the rise, I believe there is a combination of factors involved with this trend. Yes, one of them is definitely New atheism, another is the internet, another is the fact that religion is literally shooting itself in the foot, etc.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-10-2013 at 06:25 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Alex is correct, Jesus does not say it. How is that a tough question? You may all want to brush on the true historical happenings of the time. Paul was not an Apostle, and he never met Jesus, nuff said.

When he self converted following a revelation ( bullchhitt) to be a Jesus follower, he laid his own interpretation on things that Jesus never uttered.

There are 2 great salesmen in the History of the World ...... Paul and Ron Popeil, the difference being that Ron Popeil actually created and sold quality made merchandise that really worked, and simplified our lives.

Paul convoluted our lives and kept mankind in fear of reprisal. We are 1,000-1,200 years behind in science and invention because of Paul.

Good points. On the cool I even though I believe in God I have a real serious problem with Paul myself.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Alex, what do you or anyone else get or expect to get by discrediting any random aspect of religion you can think of?
    Athiests main complaint is about religion being forced on them but they talk 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more then any bible thumper Ive ever heard.

really? I find that hard to believe based simply on statistics? I hear way more people talking about getting prayer back in schools and other religious topics. There simply aren't that many atheist compared to religious people.

although I'd expect even religious people to have an issue with someone else's beliefs being forced upon them. Most people would have an issue with that. The people that don't have an issue are just people who have the same belief system and can't understand that there are many other people out there who believe differently.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alex loved the non conversion that he converted and now seeks to convert others.
    Neat.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Alex loved the non conversion that he converted and now seeks to convert others.
    Neat.

I don't see his post as trying to convert anyone to his belief. He just told us about how he came to believe what he does at this point.

I've never heard an atheist ask "Have you let atheism into your heart." or "Have you found atheism". I'm sure there are some over the top atheists out there trying to convert people, but from my experience it's not what atheists do at least the ones I know anyway. Atheism is my belief, but I don't think others should believe the same as me. That doesn't mean we don't disagree. It just means that as long as their belief has no effect on my belief then we are good.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't see his post as trying to convert anyone to his belief. He just told us about how he came to believe what he does at this point.

I've never heard an atheist ask "Have you let atheism into your heart." or "Have you found atheism". I'm sure there are some over the top atheists out there trying to convert people, but from my experience it's not what atheists do at least the ones I know anyway. Atheism is my belief, but I don't think others should believe the same as me. That doesn't mean we don't disagree. It just means that as long as their belief has no effect on my belief then we are good.

What is the point then, of constantly talking down about the religious, mocking their beliefs, implying stupidity on their part for believing, etc etc, all about...is he making friends?

He, and many other atheists, use as much intimidation as any religion. Instead of an eternity of torture, I'm told I lead a life of stupidity (even though the word stupid isn't used itself).

So if not converting through intimidation and and embarasment, what the hack is the motive of these people?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I don't bully and cajole being an Atheist. I am severely armed with historical fact that I have chosen to use over invisibility and hearsay.

We aren't all bullies. Alex is not always talking down, you perhaps are just getting worked-up. He's made his point. Now he says he still believes in God, just not religion? Then he is not an Atheist.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't bully and cajole being an Atheist. I am severely armed with historical fact that I have chosen to use over invisibility and hearsay.

We aren't all bullies. Alex is not always talking down, you perhaps are just getting worked-up. He's made his point. Now he says he still believes in God, just not religion? Then he is not an Atheist.

Funny, I explained over and over to alex how he isn't an atheist. Maybe you'll have better luck, I may as well have used a racial slur with the reaction I got saying he's not an atheist.

And I didn't say all atheists, I said many. No need to make everything about yourself, Hice.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The problem with many Atheists, is that you must have as much, or more knowledge about the religion at hand than the true believer does. You cannot go into a gunfight armed with a carrot.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast