Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: An Atheist meets god.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The problem with many Atheists, is that you must have as much, or more knowledge about the religion at hand than the true believer does. You cannot go into a gunfight armed with a carrot.

This is true, but you also have to be honest about your intentions. If you're not seeking to convert, why bother telling everyday believers how stupid they are for believing? If you're not seeking to convert, why shout so loud? If there is no God and religion is a sham, why start atheist churches?

This is the stuff I just don't understand. Oh, and "you" doesn't refer to you, per se.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

This is true, but you also have to be honest about your intentions. If you're not seeking to convert, why bother telling everyday believers how stupid they are for believing? If you're not seeking to convert, why shout so loud? If there is no God and religion is a sham, why start atheist churches?

This is the stuff I just don't understand. Oh, and "you" doesn't refer to you, per se.

My regular encounter with believers is that they enquire and make assumptions about my Son's behaviour and upbringing based on not knowing either one of us, or questioning me about my lack of morals simply because I don't believe.

That my friend is begging to be cremated. I only fight back when I've been backed into a corner, based on assumption.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

My regular encounter with believers is that they enquire and make assumptions about my Son's behaviour and upbringing based on not knowing either one of us, or questioning me about my lack of morals simply because I don't believe.

That my friend is begging to be cremated. I only fight back when I've been backed into a corner, based on assumption.

My regular encounter with atheists is to assume I've been brainwashed by some preacher, have never read any religious text but the Bible (and even that I'd didn't really read, just skimmed the parts I was told to), and am more scared of hell than anything else, none of which is true.

My question is how are my and your experiences any different? How are atheists any better or even different than believers?
    They aren't.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Agreed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

What is the point then, of constantly talking down about the religious, mocking their beliefs, implying stupidity on their part for believing, etc etc, all about...is he making friends?

He, and many other atheists, use as much intimidation as any religion. Instead of an eternity of torture, I'm told I lead a life of stupidity (even though the word stupid isn't used itself).

So if not converting through intimidation and and embarasment, what the hack is the motive of these people?

you'll have to have him speak on that. I just don't see his post as trying to convert people. just my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't understand the atheist "churches" either. I'd never look to go to one. I guess maybe people feel the need so they can feel like they are part of an atheist community. Maybe they feel like their voices will be heard if they are organized.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not saying that post aims to convert, I'm saying he aims to convert. Two different things.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't understand the atheist "churches" either. I'd never look to go to one. I guess maybe people feel the need so they can feel like they are part of an atheist community. Maybe they feel like their voices will be heard if they are organized.

And that's different from religion how?
    It's a "new" religion. Plain and simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex is correct, Jesus does not say it. How is that a tough question? You may all want to brush on the true historical happenings of the time. Paul was not an Apostle, and he never met Jesus, nuff said.

When he self converted following a revelation ( bullchhitt) to be a Jesus follower, he laid his own interpretation on things that Jesus never uttered.

There are 2 great salesmen in the History of the World ...... Paul and Ron Popeil, the difference being that Ron Popeil actually created and sold quality made merchandise that really worked, and simplified our lives.

Paul convoluted our lives and kept mankind in fear of reprisal. We are 1,000-1,200 years behind in science and invention because of Paul.

Then why is it in the bible?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Then why is it in the bible?

My question is too vague. What I mean is if Paul doesn't really understand what Jesus was really about and his teachings ended up having such a negative impact, why does Paul have so many works in the bible? I believe he has 12 or 13 books in the New Testimate. Paul wrote Romans, Hebrews, first and second Timothy, first and second Thessalonians, first and second Corinthians, Titus, and Colossians. I can't remember the rest off the top of my head.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast