Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: The next big thing

SCF Rewards
    Country

The next big thing

I kinda curious what anyone thinks the next big thing will be in basketball or sports cards in general. Aside from making cards bigger and better, like a card with 18 jerseys on it or something, what else can card manufacturers introduce?

eddycurryfan2
    The sky's the limit.

SCF Rewards

I like what UD did with UD Glass, but it still seems more like a novelty to me than a trend in collecting. But, I would imagine more cards will be made like that, of different types of material, and one thing seems certain, they will keep on making more and more expensive boxes and packs, as long as we still keep buying them!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would like to see Upper Deck, or whoever, expand on the whole redeeming cards online. You know, spice it up a little bit. They could randomly insert card into packs that give you a password to go online and play some sort of flash mini game and how well you do in the game determines what kind of card you get. Of course, they'd have to set up the game so that video game experts wouldn't be able to redeem all the good cards. Maybe make it a game based on a combination of skill and chance. Just a thought.

SCF Rewards
    Country

GAME USED GUM OR CHEW......YOU NEVER KNOW.....HA
    THOUGHT I WOULD ADD MY 2 SENCE.......

SCF Rewards

Basketball is kinda hard to do because they have less equipment then any other sport. But i would like to see GU head bands or wristbands

SCF Rewards

how about GU material, and an autograph, all on the same card...

or is that already been done?

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Originally posted by podstock
    how about GU material, and an autograph, all on the same card...

or is that already been done?

Pod - Do you mean an autograph jersey or ball, etc? That's been done a while ago. Just wondering.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See foshodo's Items on eBay

new gimmicks?

i mentioned it on beckett so ill mention it here... they should seal a little package of players sweat into a card, and then to take it one step further, they should only take the sweat from one game and then number the cards to the minutes played... like say they did a lebron james card and he played 31 minutes... collect sweat from that game, date the card, and number it to the minutes played during the game...