Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

while we are on this, how do you all feel about restriction on services and goods for those on welfare?

example; you can have internet access, but just the basic level. you can't own a car over a certain value nor have car payments exceeding a certain limit?

I certainly think that there should be some sort of way of making sure they are using the money to help their family and get a job, but it isn't fair to say "you can't get that car". Plus, things like cars and internet are very useful in getting a job. It would be much more logical for someone on welfare to buy a decent car and use it for a while than the cheapest car they can find and pay thousands in repairs on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

sure, but what about the difference in a lexus or a honda?

and with internet what about the 19.99 service rather than the 69.99 service? and the same with cable tv

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

sure, but what about the difference in a lexus or a honda?

and with internet what about the 19.99 service rather than the 69.99 service? and the same with cable tv

I'm asking, if I have a "nice" car and lose my job for whatever reason, will the government, under this idea, force me to sell my car before they'll help me get to another job?

I mean obviously no, I'm Canadian, but you get the question.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

maybe we could debate the right vs the left without all the hate?

Abortion

Liberal Response: I believe in a woman’s right to choose what she does with her own body. While I don’t really like abortions, and wish they were rarely done, I support the right for a woman to choose for herself. It should be a choice between the woman and her doctor, not strangers and politicians. The choice isn’t about liking what abortions are, instead it’s about supporting the rights of women—and that’s why I’m pro-choice.

Conservative Response: Abortion is murder! Life begins at conception! You’re a baby killer! Rape should be seen as a blessing from God and we shouldn’t punish the child! We must protect life!

this is nonsense!

I would disagree it is right on point

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

no it is not, I am conservative and only want the fraud removed and better/more advocacy for those that do need it.
    i would rather the money be spent on those that need help and have no issue if more was spent if the advocacy was there and the fraud was less.

conservatives want job creation so people can work and be independent and not have to depend on the government.

welfare to work

not welfare forever

A pipe dream when the conservatives pushed it back in the 90's and even more today.

Conservatives DO NOT want job creation...they want tax breaks for themself and for no one else.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think the fundamental diffetrence between cons and libs is summed up in the min wage discussion.
    Cons believe the wealthy having more money and everyone else having less is good for the economy.
    Libs know everyone else have to have some of the money or there is no economy.

That's pretty much it right there. Republicans/Conservatives want to rule over the people like kings, giving out slave wages and receiving nothing but tax breaks. Liberals want the people running things as was intended.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

maybe we could debate the right vs the left without all the hate?
    this is nonsense!

Not quite nonsense, This is what the article said:

Abortion

Conservative: Abortion is murder! Life begins at conception! You’re a baby killer! Rape should be seen as a blessing from God and we shouldn’t punish the child! We must protect life!

this is the offical republican platform on abortion:
    Faithful to the "self-evident" truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or fund organizations which perform or advocate it and will not fund or subsidize health care which includes abortion coverage. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life. We oppose the non-consensual withholding or withdrawal of care or treatment, including food and water, from people with disabilities, including newborns, as well as the elderly and infirm, just as we oppose active and passive euthanasia and assisted suicide.

There's nothing in there that says abortion is ok in the case of rape, incest, life of the mother... so it's not really nonsese. It's got more exclamation points... But the official position of the GOP is that abortion is NEVER ok, no exceptions and they are goingto outlaw it.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

this is the offical republican platform on abortion:
    Faithful to the "self-evident" truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or fund organizations which perform or advocate it and will not fund or subsidize health care which includes abortion coverage. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life. We oppose the non-consensual withholding or withdrawal of care or treatment, including food and water, from people with disabilities, including newborns, as well as the elderly and infirm, just as we oppose active and passive euthanasia and assisted suicide.

There's nothing in there that says abortion is ok in the case of rape, incest, life of the mother

Some Republicans will say that there are instances where abortion is okay, such as the reasons listed in the quote, but it isn't in the platform at all.
    I'll try to illustrate what this means with an example from my life. As everyone knows, I have MS. In Canada, medicinal marijuana is legal, requiring a criminal background check and, obviously, with some parameters, but it's legal, and is used for MS patients to manage pain. Personally, my pain isn't bad enough that Tylenol doesn't do a satisfactory job, but that could change. If it does, I would take marijuana over any prescription chemical. Here's the thing though. My house is technically on a First Nations reserve. More than that, this particular band (Westbank First Nation) has been given the right of self-governance on their lands. What does that mean? It means they can make any laws they want for their land...where I live.
    The first nations have had a problem with the black market marijuana trade. Because the medical marijuana system is poorly thought out (my opinion) a big part of the problem is people on their land using medical marijuana licences to grow marijuana for the black market trade. The band decided to strike back by striking the medical marijuana laws. What they did was revert back to the marijuana law as it was before the medical licences existed.
    Now, they say they're only going after growers and sellers. They're not going after the cancer patient who has the prescribed amount, growing or otherwise, but they're going after the person who has a licence for "slight social anxiety" with a 14 plant limit who has 10x that amount. In oractice, it definitely seems they're earnest in their assertion that they don't want to go after legitimate users.
    Thing is they can. There is nothing written in that, should I obtain a licence and legitimately and legally use medical marijuana, would stop me from being a "criminal". As such, if my pain gets to that point, am I going to go get a licence? They can change their mind at anytime and completely clear medical marijuana from their land and throw medical users in prison or punish them otherwise on a whim, because it's not written in.

How does this apply?

But the official position of the GOP is that abortion is NEVER ok, no exceptions and they are goingto outlaw it.

That's the official position. Reps can say anything they want, but it's not in writing and, sorry to say, gets negated by comments about vaginas being able to recognize rape and "shut that whole thing down" or that rape babies are God's gift (he's just REALLY bad at wrapping, I guess?) or that "some girls, they just rape so easy".

Ultimately, until the Republican Party can officially recognize that there are instances in which abortion is a legitimate medical procedure and not just a disgusting form of birth control carried out by evil doctors on loose, disgusting women, statements like that which you called ridiculous will always be coming out, and they won't be (and aren't) ridiculous, but absolutely fair and accurate.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

yeah thats a start

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

The brainwashing on both sides is really, really sad here and it's so obvious.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast