Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yanks39 2013 IP Thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to Scranton with bronxbomber33 last Tuesday for the Derek Jeter show. Turns out it was his day off, and he was not spotted at the stadium all day. Still managed to snag a couple others:

Pre game:
    Fernando Martinez- 2/2.

During game:
    Michael Pineda- 1/1.
    He was charting and signed a few in between innings towards the end of the game.

Post game:

JR Murphy- 1/1.
    Corey Patterson- 1/1.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Motley Crue was back in town for their rescheduled show from May. Like last time, I made the trip through town after work and again found a tour bus at the Hilton. I came back at 1:30 and security was already moving about. I waited about an hour and security went back inside and about 5 minutes later came out with Mick Mars. His security guy motioned me over, and I met them at the door of the bus, where Mick signed the photo. They all boarded the bus, and away they went. The rest of the guys were nowhere to be found, and I would assume they all traveled in to town today.

Still, I am very happy to add one more guy to the photo (2 down, 2 to go) Hopefully, this isn't the last tour, but they are getting awfully old.

Mick Mars- 1/1. 8 x 10 color band photo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to Rochester Red Wings vs. Norfolk Tides last night for the Dwight Gooden signing and fared pretty well:

Pre Game:

Oswaldo Arcia- 1/1.
    Chris Snyder- 1/1.
    Mark Hendrickson- 1/1.
    Eric Thames- 1/1.
    Kevin Gausman- 1/1, 1/1.
    Jeff Clement- 1/1.
    Denny Walling- 5/5.
    Freddy Garcia- 0/1. Blew everyone off on the way in.

I was able to get through Doc's line twice:

Dwight Gooden- 1/1, 1/1. (85T, 86T)

Post Game:

Liam Hendriks- 1/1.
    Freddy Garcia- 0/1. Wasn't having it after Norfolk got trounced and he blew everyone off again outside the stadium.

I left after that as I really wasn't looking for anyone else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to Pittsford, NY today for Buffalo Bills training camp and came away with the following with little effort:

Ryan Lindell- 1/1.
    Robert Woods- 1/1.
    Fred Jackson- 1/1.
    Doug Marrone- 1/1.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here are the results of my weekend at Watkins Glen International for the Nascar race:

Friday:

It rained most of the day, but I got a few earlier in the morning:
    Regan Smith- 1/1
    Sam Hornish Jr- 1/1
    Austin Dillon- 1/1
    Travis Pastrana- 1/1. This guy is awesome with his fans.

Saturday- much better day with the weather:

Reed Sorensen- 1/1
    Ryan Newman- 1/1
    Aric Almirola- 1/1
    Chad Knaus- 1/1
    David Regan- 1/1
    Casey Mears- 1/1
    Brian Vickers- 1/1
    Marcos Ambrose- 1/1
    Clint Bowyer- 1/1
    Carl Edwards- 1/1 (1/24 scale diecast)
    Jack Roush- 1/1
    Martin Truex Jr- 1/1
    Brad Daugherty- 1/1 (former NBA all star and current team owner and analyst)
    Justin Allgaier- 1/1

Sunday is a day I normally don't do much, but the day got off to a great start when my Pepsi connection hooked me up with an exclusive meet and greet, this year with Jeff Gordon (1/1, 1/24 scale diecast) only 16 of us, and Gordon was kind enough to swap out my dying silver sharpie for his own that worked perfectly. My connection is leaving Pepsi after this season, and I am grateful to him for 5 superb pieces I have gotten over the years that I otherwise wouldn't have. The rest of Sundays highlights:

Carl Edwards- 1/1. Only signed for me after the race.
    Richard Childress- 1/1
    Michael Waltrip- 1/1
    David Stremme- 1/1
    Max Papis- 1/1.
    Joe Gibbs- 1/1, 1/0, 1/0. Signed my ticket stub, and kept signing and handing me his religious pamphlet as we talked. Great HOF success!

We waited around for race winner Kyle Busch, but somehow missed him. His handler was kind enough to take me back to his motorcoach and gave me 2 signed hero cards.

All in all a solid weekend, and my biggest disappointment was Dale Jr. turning us down after qualifying on Sat, and there were only 6 of us.
    Can't wait for next year.
    Last edited by yanks39; 08-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to Rochester today for the Lee Smith signing. Didn't do any pre game or post game, but I did manage to get through Smith's line 5 times:

Lee Smith- 1/1 (x5) (85T, 87T, 88T x2, 89D)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hit up Chiefs vs. Bisons in Syracuse last night for my final game of the season and had a pretty solid night:

Pre game:

Kyle Drabek- 1/1.
    Bob Stanley- 2/2, 1/1.
    Mauro Gomez- 1/1.
    Brad Lincoln- 1/1.
    Ryan Langerhans- 1/1.
    Jeremy Jeffress- 1/1.
    Clint Robinson- 1/1.
    Andy LaRoche- 1/1.
    Sean Nolin- 1/1.
    Mike Nickeas- 1/1.
    Chien- Ming Wang- 2/2. (help)
    Ricky Romero- 3/3. (help)

Post game:

Luis Jimenez- 1/1.
    Kyle Drabek- 1/1.
    Chien-Ming Wang- 2/2, 1/1.
    Ricky Romero- 1/2.

Great game, and I'm a little sad that the season has come to an end. April seems like it is an awfully long ways away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12