Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst IP Experiances

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

Worst IP Experiances

I had 2 of my worst IP experiences last Sunday, has anyone had anything like this?

First I was trying to get Danny Salazar to sign a 2013 Bowman card. This was about 10 to 15 minutes before the game and he was putting on a band-aid and walked to the trash can, right by me. I wasn't 100% sure it was him, but I was fairly certain. I called out his name, and he turned right away, like you naturally do when someone calls your name and asked "what?" I then asked him to sign, and he told me that Danny was still in the locker room (no more players came out after that). In fairness to him there is a very slight chance it was someone else, but I doubt it. I don't at all expect every player to sign on any given day, but if he didn't want to sign he could have just told me that.

Then, after the game you could run the bases. I did and there were some players hanging out there. There was one at the start and before I went, I stepped to the side so I wouldn't hold up the line and asked him to sign a picture of the stadium. He said no problem and took the picture, and then the usher telling people to go ripped it out of his hand and told me no. As I was coming around 3rd, there was a relief pitcher running with his little son and I said "good game" as I passed by him. He said thanks and when we got to home, he offered to sign the picture still in my hand without me even asking. Before he could even uncap my sharpie, the same thing happened - an usher took it away from him and said no.

Why are the players, the ones who actually sign nicer than the ushers who have no involvement? It wasn't like I was stopping other people from running by trying to get stuff signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I doubt that was Salazar...kid is genuinely as nice as I've come across.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also have two.

Second worst vote goes to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose . I'll make a long story short. He threw a Mizuno bat back at me saying "I ain't signing that S***". I ended up having to pay him an additional $20 and the show promoter paid him an additional $30 to get the bat signed.

When I was 7 or 8 or so we went down to a game at Yankee Stadium. After the game I wanted to try to get my idols auto on a ball. We waited over two hours. There was only myself and one other kid hanging around. Of course my parents we in the area as I was just a little squirt. After the long wait he emerged and the other kid and myself ran up and asked for an auto. I know I said please because I would have received a kick where the sun don't shine if I didn't. He said "get the F away from me you little bass turds". No adult should use that language around a kid. Being a Yankee fan to this day I still despise the moron. The winner of the biggest SCUMBAG goes to

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mantle

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 05-24-2013 at 08:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was 5-7, really young. Yankees Versus Mets or Yankees Versus Red Sox. I went up to the ball boy ) first base line ) and I asked for his auto and wristband and he said no. The people in the first row said like c'mon.
    seriously, hes a freaking ball boy

your a ball boy ( lets say ). someone asked you for your auto, what do you say? exactly

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was 5-7, really young. Yankees Versus Mets or Yankees Versus Red Sox. I went up to the ball boy ) first base line ) and I asked for his auto and wristband and he said no. The people in the first row said like c'mon.
    seriously, hes a freaking ball boy

your a ball boy ( lets say ). someone asked you for your auto, what do you say? exactly

"I'm a ball boy, not a player. I don't think you want my signature!" would be my response...

I'm trying to think of some of my bad IP experiences, but I can't think of many...Brennan Boesch is a ™™™™, but most of my bad experiences have been with staff rather than players.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

I dont think Ive had a bad IP experience, one time at a Reds game Homer Bailey was signing a long the first base line and he skipped over me but from what I can remember he was only signing for mostly kids anyways. Today kind of sucked, I stood in line for Brandon Phillips for two hours and then with about 40 people left he had to leave for a prior engagement before tonights game. But in his defense he did sign for the hour that the signing was promoted as there were just a lot of people there and Phillips is never known to be one that just snubbs you because hes inconvienced as a matter of a fact I heard a few stories that this year during the Reds Caravan even after everyone else had stopped signing he went through the line and made sure everyone that wanted one got one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also have two.

Second worst vote goes to >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose . I'll make a long story short. He threw a Mizuno bat back at me saying "I ain't signing that S***". I ended up having to pay him an additional $20 and the show promoter paid him an additional $30 to get the bat signed.

When I was 7 or 8 or so we went down to a game at Yankee Stadium. After the game I wanted to try to get my idols auto on a ball. We waited over two hours. There was only myself and one other kid hanging around. Of course my parents we in the area as I was just a little squirt. After the long wait he emerged and the other kid and myself ran up and asked for an auto. I know I said please because I would have received a kick where the sun don't shine if I didn't. He said "get the F away from me you little bass turds". No adult should use that language around a kid. Being a Yankee fan to this day I still despise the moron. The winner of the biggest SCUMBAG goes to

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mantle

...Rick

You sure Mantle wasn't maybe drunk/and or drinking? It's pretty well know the dude was always drinking, even in the locker room.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You sure Mantle wasn't maybe drunk/and or drinking? It's pretty well know the dude was always drinking, even in the locker room.

Just about everyone I've told that to says he must have been drunk. I guess it might just be me but I don't feel being drunk is an excuse to talk to a young kid that way. He is one rung on the ladder below slime in my book.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll add, how would anybody else feel if their idol said something like that to them when they were 7 or 8 years old?

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

too numerous to tell them all. some of my favorites:

1 on 1 with ovechkin outside the Caps bus. i ask if he will please sign for me. he says "i'm not ovechkin" then gives a huge james bond villain laugh and gets on the bus.

bryce harper grabbing my SI 3 times and handing it back to me all 3 times without signing it. he signed literally everything else people had that night except for that SI.

from a post in philly ink thread about carlos ruiz on rehab a few weeks ago: after the game he didnt even acknowledge anyone while walking off the field. when leaving the stadium, security pulled his vehicle literally 3 feet from the door to block out fans. I was one of 2 people in that 3 feet of space between the clubhouse door and his car and he ignored us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast