Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have discussed with the other staff about the quality of threads here. I would like to see more politics and religion. Or something close to what the Fox pinhead would post.

see bold for answers

EDITED TO ADD:
    I just reread this and I have to ask regarding the bolded part:d
    Do you own this site?
    Isn't one Fox pinhead enough?
    Do you need to try to replicate something that already exists?
    Why?

1 - just because there's a few posts doesn't mean it worked. Did it solve the problem of moderators randomly deciding what is "on topic" and what is "off topic" with zero consistency or regard for what is actually taking place on this board?
    If you answer is yes PLEASE explain how.

2 - My bad, you're trying to stuff over 50% of a forum into one thread. Please forgive me, it's still useless and shortsighted, if sighted at all.

3 - So it is a powerplay and serves no purpose but to remind us all who is in charge. Got it. Don't see a reasonable point to that when dealing with adults, but hey whatever.

4 - I know you think it will work. I don't see what you are accomplishing or how this will achieve anything but animosity, so unless that or nothing is your goal, you missed.

5 - Don't use a thread dedicated to more than half of all topics in here? How could I use it? Also, if you want it to work, someone has to use it. You can't make one thread on a multitude of topics. That causes ridiculous amounts of confusion and is the exact reason I like message boards but won't go near a chat room. You can't carry on ANY sort of conversation on that format. Unless your goal is to shut people up, you missed completely.

6 - All I see is a complete lack of explanation as to what this even is or what it's supposed to solve. You want it to work but don't want people to use it?

Also, Sr. mod doesn't impress me. I've held the same meaningless title on umpteen boards going back to what I'm guessing are your elementary school days. No offense intended, but when I started on these boards you were non-existent. Lately, you've suddenly shown up and, from what I've seen, done everything in your power to stifle conversation and create animosity. Your reaction to what I've said today is a further continuance of that and I don't repect it one bit. Here, you're trying to push everything that doesn't boil down to Reps v Cons into one thread. You're trying to put all conversation in one thread (because, as I've pointed out, more threads are "off" topic than on) but to what end? From your posting style, I can only imagine to shut up the people you don't like.

Please don't take this as personal insults because I'm talking to you professionally, as one longtime mod of many boards to another mod of at least one board. I just don't understand how you post so much about the evils of a tyranical dictatorship and then use this board to run one of your own. I do realize this is a privately owned site and therefor is a dictatorship but man, practice what you preach. This running around proving your power is a little childish and, like I said, I can't respect it one bit. Why you feel the need to put this much work into a request to back off a little and use some common sense is beyond me. My ultimate goal was maybe change the name of the forum or just stop deleting random stuff.

In the end, like I said, you seem to have shown up pretty recently as a poster in this area. You are "Sr. Mod". In the last little while this board has taken a decidedly leftist turn that veg and alex have glommed onto but make me hesitate to call myself liberal. You are right now, today, attempting to weasel into running this place with an iron fist, despite preaching that dictatorships are bad. Again, your right, but completely hypocritical.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't have anything to prove so stop trying to prove something. You're in charge, we get that. What you don't seem to understand is we see what's going on and we don't like it. If shutting this section down due to lack of interest is your goal you're wel,l on your way. If making this thread a place where you, veg and alex hang out and whine about everything with no outside voices, you're doing a great job.
    If your goal is to keep this place open to free exchange of ideas, open discourse and good debate; if your goal is to foster any sort of bipartisan conversation; if your goal is to have all sides looked at and all voices listened to, you're failing miserably at an alarming rate.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 06-04-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I say this trying to be as nice as possible, but how don't you think at least some of the things you say don't deal with P&R?

Such as the Hibbert thread, how does his comments have nothing to do with P&R? It has everything to do with it, the issue is you didn't want to talk to me about it, and sorta like wickabee mentioned, you were doing a power play.

So you're saying that an athletes statements regarding something a non-political question during a non-political press conference about a non-political sport isn't political?

Explain how...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I also have to wonder why archiving those threads wasn't good enough (as it seems to have been for all the others that have been archived...just archived) and you had to lock them too.

Is that supposed to be a statement?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, I closed the thread, one thread. how many threads have I ever closed on here and how often do I say something to anyone about what they can and cannot post?

I said it could be restarted and just add a political or religious twist to it. I know there is a gray area when it comes to what is purely social or moral and what is political and religious. homosexuality has a political and religious nature tied to it, so does anything that has to do with new laws or modification of current laws. abortion has both political and religious elements to it and so does much more. for me, the signs thread was about political or religious signs.

I have no need to make a power play for any reason, the thread was closed by the SCF staff, lets move on and forward.

Please and Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, I closed the thread, one thread. how many threads have I ever closed on here and how often do I say something to anyone about what they can and cannot post?

While you were the one who closed that thread, I had a feeling, and madman confirmed in one of his posts, that it wasn't entirely your decision. In fact, I still question if it was your decision at all, but I digress.

I said it could be restarted and just add a political or religious twist to it. I know there is a gray area when it comes to what is purely social or moral and what is political and religious. homosexuality has a political and religious nature tied to it, so does anything that has to do with new laws or modification of current laws. abortion has both political and religious elements to it and so does much more. for me, the signs thread was about political or religious signs.

That's the thing though. A thousand threads about the police, all negative stories, and they stay. One thread with a few good stories pops up and suddenly it's gone. Again, this doesn't sound like you at all. We've been trying to come up with ways to encourage discourse, have we not? Why then, has this day been used by one "Sr Mod" to do nothing but stifle what he doesn't like?

It's not about the one thread. It's about the general attitude this forum has since one person made his presence felt more. It's about actual conversation in other threads dying because one person deems it off topic. It's not hurting anyone, not bothering anyone, but we're not allowed to talk about it without the unnecessary action of starting a whole new thread.

Discussion is being stifled. If that's what you guys want, fine. Have fun modding nothing.

I have no need to make a power play for any reason, the thread was closed by the SCF staff, lets move on and forward.

No one said anything about you, Jay, making any sort of powerplay. At least, not seriously. It's pretty obvious where the power play is right now.

Please and Thank you!

You're so cute when you're polite!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

By the way, from madman's first reply, this is exactly what this thread is for, so there's no need to move on!

Hooray!

SCF Rewards
    Country

By the way, from madman's first reply, this is exactly what this thread is for, so there's no need to move on!

Hooray!

I also gives me a place to post completely random things!!! Hooray!

What impact do you all think this video has on society?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I also gives me a place to post completely random things!!! Hooray!

What impact do you all think this video has on society?

Don't you dare bring society into this. Politics and religion ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think...wait, are all those other threads getting moved or will they just be merged into this one? Is it right to have all those threads still in the P&R forum, albeit in one single, utterly confusing thread? Maybe they should all be merged and then moved. Yeah, that's the ticket...

...I need a picture of John Lovitz now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Your ask and shall receive. John Lovitz one of my favorite SNL'ers

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m1eoe-YPkh...n-lovitz-1.jpg

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Morgan Fairchild...yeeah, that's the ticket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12