Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Country

how much is this card worth for real.!!!!!

hey guys just a quick question. i recently inquired about a johnathon teows artifacts rookie card /10 from a guy on the internet. he has a price tag of 399.99 on it and i figured it was a test to see what kinda money he can get while the hawks are rolling. im trying to put together the set at the moment and i made what i assumed was a fair offer at 150 plus his 25 dollar shipping fee. am i low balling because it seems that he got offended and said i was trying to rob him. the thing is his card is graded. ( i dont know who grades artifacts redemptions.... :( ) i recently bought a kane one /10 for a hundred bucks. and i just dont see any parralel even if it is graded going for that much. whattya think>?

BANNED

Country

at that rate my 2 tuuka rasks out of ten should be worth a fortune. and my lucic as well.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What's it graded at? 8? 9.5? 10? These are important features.

$100 for Kane sounds about right, but Toews has always had a little bit of an extra hobby spark to him. I'd say $150 (really, $175 shipped) would be fair (perhaps a tad low, but not by much) for the ungraded copy, but depending on the grade there's always a premium. If a Toews PSA 10 SPxtreme /25 goes for $100, you have to factor the greater scarcity and the extra value of an RC parallel over an insert parallel.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country

the grade was 9.5/10 what does that affect>?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A 9.5 would put on a huge premium for a card like that, IMO. Just to give you an idea of how it can affect demand...I paid $25 for a Josh Gorges SP Authentic RC BGS 9.5 w/10 Auto. I have five other copies, none of which I paid more than $7 for. I actually was in a small bidding war for it. It's the only 9.5 out there. There are no 10's. Still cheaper than me sending in the card myself.

Potentially, because of how few of those Artifacts Redeemed Rookies parallels hit the market, that could be viewed as a "1/1" of sorts. It's a great looking card, very very limited, and will be preserved in that Gem-Mint condition for all of eternity.

I'd say it pushes it to at least $200, maybe even $250.

But I'm just one guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A 9.5 can significantly increase the price for some people. In some case it could triple or quadruple the value of a card. It's not an exact science, but this seller could want a premium for that grade.

the grade was 9.5/10 what does that affect>?

BANNED

Country

ok so technichally i should send in the over 120 redeemed parralels i have from that set to get graded? i just didnt think that such a short printed rookie would improve so much. as all these cards come from factory and 99% seem minter than mint. since theyve never left their toploader. so a 9.5 doesnt seem amazing. thanks for the feedback guys. im just struggling with the choice of having to buy this one and pay what i feel is too much or hope to see another so i can complete my rainbow set.

btw ive got 23/42 cards /10 so im over half way. and a bunch of the hard guys are done.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok so technichally i should send in the over 120 redeemed parralels i have from that set to get graded? i just didnt think that such a short printed rookie would improve so much. as all these cards come from factory and 99% seem minter than mint. since theyve never left their toploader. so a 9.5 doesnt seem amazing. thanks for the feedback guys. im just struggling with the choice of having to buy this one and pay what i feel is too much or hope to see another so i can complete my rainbow set.

btw ive got 23/42 cards /10 so im over half way. and a bunch of the hard guys are done.

You cant assume a card coming straight from UD is going to be a 9.5 .... I think you can assume it will atleast be a 9 ( basically what everyone assumes when buying raw cards )

That 9.5 tag boosts cards quite a bit
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 06-11-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Part of what makes these cards so hard to find...is that they shouldn't even exist.

UD messed up and printed out more redemption cards than the stated print run. The stocks on the RC's ran out, and so they had to prepare a batch of parallels. As you're likely aware, in no other year of Artifacts have there been parallels of the Redeemed Rookies. So it was a great value-added for collectors that were able to get in on these cards for the price of a regular RC redemption.

BANNED

Country

i know, im just saying that i have over a hundred of these and it seems as tho they are all in immaculate shape from ud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast