Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

New card designs! Look for some feedback :)

Evening everyone, So i've been bored the last few nights so i started to do a couple different designs i'd like to use in the future. I don't really have anyone close to me that is interested in trading cards so i thought i'd come here for thoughts and opinions!

Let me know what you like about them, what you don't like, Favorite design etc.. don't be shy you won't hurt my feelings haha the more comments and criticism i get the better my graphics get for the future.

Last edited by DnJcards; 06-08-2013 at 06:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would collect that Jim Howard set!

Love the clean white card, with almost the full body shot ( something I find myself liking more and more with cards )
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

I would collect that Jim Howard set!

Love the clean white card, with almost the full body shot ( something I find myself liking more and more with cards )

Same for me. Love the smokey look in the background

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

I really like them all actually. Howard is my favorite. Only thing I would change on it I think would make the bottom where the auto goes like the griffin one. Just an all white area. But over all very clean looking sets!

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the feedback guys, i have to agree with all of you in saying that the Howard is my favorite as well, the clean cut look rather than over done on cards is becoming my favorite, it just looks more classy, i guess is the word.

Although it's my favorite, it won't be everyones of course so i like to keep the designs different so it appeals to all different tastes in design which is a ton of fun to do!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like the Howard design. You can't improve it a whole lot, but if you did, I'd love for the contrast to be a little clearer around the top, just to create a smoother balance between the upper part of the card compared to the lower part.

Also, the Gordie Howe one has potential to be a real kicker. Right now it's too simple, too plain. Try some golden edges or perhaps some vintage design around the corners to create harmony. I like the Jurco card as well, but it needs something in the top right and left corners. It's a bit hard to pinpoint exactly what should be done about that one, but a Red Wings logo or a Slovakian flag would look great to complement the swatches. Perhaps his jersey number? Lots of possibilities, explore and see what you like the best.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Heh, I was thinking I would love to own an entire set of the cards that look like the Jurco card, and I don't even know who Jurco is........

My biggest problem with the Gordie Howe is the "ransom note" letters, but for me personally, plainer is better when it comes to old-timey players

Jon, do you mind if I throw Maurice up on here??

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the input guys, love hearing it! Will definitely take it all in and make some updates when i actually do cards for people :)

Also Sluggo, not sure what you mean about Maurice?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Thanks for the input guys, love hearing it! Will definitely take it all in and make some updates when i actually do cards for people :)

Also Sluggo, not sure what you mean about Maurice?

A picture of the Maurice Richard card, I'd like to know where I might have gone wrong hahahaaaa......

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A picture of the Maurice Richard card, I'd like to know where I might have gone wrong hahahaaaa......

Yeah go ahead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast